The Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in the Built Environment (CARINBE) at the University of Johannesburg (UJ) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023/2024 academic year.
The Barry Bredenkamp bursary was made possible by the partnership between the University of Johannesburg and the South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI).
The bursary programme is aimed at highly motivated and qualified students from the University of Johannesburg, currently in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, as well as those from the Faculty of Science.
Bursaries will be awarded for Masters or PhD studies, under the thematic area of Power Grid Digitalisation, or any of these Research Topics:
- E-mobility technologies and adaptation, Monitor Green E-mobility strategy
- Charging of electrical EV Charging infrastructure, location, cost
- Coordinated Voltage Regulator and Smart Inverter Settings with High Levels of DER
- Cyber security Considerations for Distributed Energy Resources
- Restricted Security Area Surveillance based on Power System Digital Twins
The bursary award is valued at R100 000 for Masters students, and R150 000 for PhD students. The bursary award will cover various expenses such as:
- Academic activities
- Research activities
- Student welfare
In addition to this, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to engage in internships and various vacation work. This is provided by SANEDI to aid successful candidates in acquiring the necessary exposure and experience needed within the industry.
Successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying at the University of Johannesburg, at the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment or the Faculty of Science
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Masters or PhD qualification, in one of the research topics listed above
- Preference will be given to candidates from historically underprivileged and designated groups (in accordance with SANEDI and the University of Johannesburg’s Employment Equity commitment. Through this, SANEDI and the University of Johannesburg hopes to engage in an ethical and fair sector process, thus ensuring performance that is efficient, inclusivity, diversity, and increased research opportunities)
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at Barry Bredenkamp Bursary Application 2023/2024
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document/ Passport (certified copy)
- Copy of your highest qualification obtained
- SAQA certificate (if you obtained your degree outside of South Africa
- Research proposal and personal statement
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Sample paper/ article that you have written (preferably one from your chosen study field – if you not have a written paper, be sure to submit one that you have not yet published)
- 2 references (only their names and email addresses must be filled in on the application – two referees must send their reference letters directly to the PG administrator at email@example.com)
However, if you have queries regarding the UJ Barry Bredenkamp Bursaries 2023/2024 | How to Apply, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!