UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
@UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator 2021 (Fully-funded to Germany + $100,000)
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator
Applications for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator 2021 are open. The WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies, supports and scales high-potential solutions to hunger worldwide. They provide WFP entrepreneurs, start-ups, companies and NGOs access to mentorship, training, financial support, expert insights and WFP operations. The Innovation Accelerator is part of WFP’s Innovation and Change Management Division.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is saving lives in emergencies and changing lives for millions through sustainable development. As the world changes, innovation is critical to enable the WFP to meet global needs and to deliver on its mandate to end hunger.
The United Nations WFP is inspiring and supporting new ideas, tools and solutions that make sure no one goes hungry.
Launched in 2016, the WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies, supports and scales high potential solutions to hunger worldwide. They support WFP intrapreneurs and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach. The Accelerator is based in Munich, Germany.
Do you have a project with the potential to solve hunger? If yes, then apply to the WFP Innovation Accelerator and receive up to 100,000 USD in equity-free funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organization.
- Innovation Bootcamp: Selected teams are invited to participate in a Bootcamp in Munich, Germany, where they deep dive field-level challenges, ideate solutions and refine project plans. WFP introduces participants to cutting-edge innovation techniques, such as human-centred design and lean start-up, to create viable business models and use cases for WFP and its beneficiaries.
- Pitch Night: The week-long Bootcamp culminates with Pitch Night – an opportunity for teams to share their solutions with an audience of investors and industry leaders who can help them bring to scale.
- Sprint Programme: The best teams are selected to participate in a three-to-six-month Sprint Programme, where they receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access, and hands-on support so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP. To support implementation, the Accelerator helps teams connect with a global network of mentors, including private sector and non-profit experts, donors and WFP Country Offices.
Access to WFP Operations
|Apply to receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets.||Successful teams will work with WFP units on the ground to further develop and refine their solutions.||You’ll have the chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate your progress.||Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.|
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that we prioritize projects that are designed alongside our core users—vulnerable communities—and that show initial traction and market validation to ensure impact and maximize cost-effectiveness.
They are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit WFP Innovation Accelerator.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.