UNESCO International Literacy Prizes application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on UNESCO International Literacy Prizes application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
UNESCO International Literacy Prizes Application Instructions 2023
The UNESCO International Literacy Prizes application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
UNESCO International Literacy Prizes Application Details 2023
Applications are open for the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2023. Since 1967, UNESCO International Literacy Prizes have rewarded excellence and innovation in the field of literacy. 506 projects and programmes undertaken by governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals around the world have been recognized. Through these prestigious Prizes, UNESCO seeks to support effective literacy practices and encourages the promotion of dynamic literate societies.
Currently there are two UNESCO International Literacy Prizes:
- The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize (3 awards): Established in 1989, with the support of the Government of the Republic of Korea, it gives special consideration to mother language-based literacy development.
- The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy (3 awards): Established in 2005, with the support of the Government of the People’s Republic of China, it gives special consideration functional literacy, leveraging technological environments, in support of adults in rural areas and out-of-school youth.
As in the previous editions, six awards will be granted to individuals or organizations for their outstanding projects that promote literacy learning. For this year, the programmes are requested to reflect around the theme “Promoting literacy for a world in transition: Building the foundation for peaceful and sustainable societies”.
The theme emphasizes how literacy plays a crucial role in empowering individuals and communities to adapt and establish peaceful and sustainable societies, especially during times of change and social, economic, and environmental challenges.
- UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize: Each prize winner receives a medal, a diploma and US$20,000.
- UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy: Each prize winner receives a medal, a diploma and US$30,000.
- Open to all governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals who contribute to the promotion and advancement of literacy learning through projects and programmes.
- Applications should be submitted to the nominating entities either the National Commission for UNESCO in the programme’s country, or a NGO in official partnership with UNESCO, who are encouraged to submit the nominated individuals, institutions, and organizations to UNESCO.
- Deadline for candidates to submit applications to nominating entities: 28 June 2023 (midnight, Paris time).
- Deadline for nominating entities to submit their nominations to UNESCO: 12 July 2023 (midnight, Paris time).
Candidates can submit their applications through the online platform.
For more information, visit UNESCO International Literacy Prizes.
However, if you have queries regarding the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!