University of Pretoria Bursary 2025 | How to apply for University of Pretoria bursaries program online, application form pdf download, requirements, eligibility, and University of Pretoria bursary application closing date 2025/2026.
Are you looking for Companies that offered Bursaries in South Africa 2025? The University of Pretoria invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2025/2026.
Every day, Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Bursary 2025
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa
- How Do I Get Bursary?
- How Does Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about University of Pretoria bursaries and application details in 2025.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
University of Pretoria Bursary Application Details 2025
University of Pretoria (UP): Tuks Sport Performance Bursaries 2025
TuksSport, the sport department of the University of Pretoria, is offering a Sports Performance Bursary programme for the 2025 academic year. This sports programme consists of many components which the candidate will need to further enhance their sporting talent, whilst simultaneously obtaining a tertiary qualification.
TuksSport passionate and professional coaches will act as a guide to the candidate during the programme, ensuring that they reach their fullest potential. TuksSport aims to make the candidate part of the TuksSport, at one of the top Academy and Sporting Universities in the country, that is both locally and internationally recognised.
Fields of study:
The bursary programme covers any of the following sporting disciplines:
- Water Hockey
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must intend on studying full time at the University of Pretoria
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2025
- You must excel in one of the aforementioned forms of sport
Bursary recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Prioritising of funds per the TuksSport club prioritization
- Shortage of athletes in the Club for events or playing positions
- Position on sport specific SA Junior and Senior rankings
- Position on international rankings
- Ability to qualify for international competitions
- Potential performances at USSA (South African Student Championships taking place each year) and participation at the Varsity Sport SA and Varsity Cup competitions in a specific sporting code
The Sports Performance bursary will only be awarded for 1 sport code – students cannot be in receipt of funding for more than 1 sport code.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and students are required to re-apply for funding each year. Bursaries will be renewed each year based on academic performance, sporting performance, as well as training attendance and commitment to the programme.
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
How to Apply
However, if you have queries regarding the University of Pretoria bursary application 2025, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!