The University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships provide financial support for refugees and asylum seekers pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
Applications are invited for the University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships 2024. The Last date to apply online for the University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships is open. For full-time undergraduate or graduate program students from all over the world, including the Middle East, South and North Africa, Pakistan, East Asia, Europe, and finally the US, the scholarship program will offer fully funded scholarships. Twenty scholarships are available to students from abroad.
Located in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England, the University of Wolverhampton is a highly regarded public research university that was founded in 1992. Wolverhampton University is ranked 94th out of all universities in England in the National Ranking. The QS World Ranking of Universities places the university in 1973rd place globally. Wolverhampton University offers high-quality education and is regarded as an international university. This university offers complete accessory labs and an excellent study atmosphere.
Every year, the UK government offers scholarships to overseas students. One of these scholarships is the Wolverhampton University Scholarship. Both domestic and foreign students may apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is fully funded and pays for all living expenses while the winner studies in England. For this scholarship, IELTS is not required if your most recent coursework was in English. Only those students whose prior education was not in English are required to take an English language test. Don’t pass up this chance to review the entire scholarship.
- 1 University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships Details
- 2 Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
- 3 International School Scholarships
- 4 Alumni Scholarship
- 5 University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship
- 6 Women in STEM Scholarships
- 7 University Courses
- 8 Campus Security
- 9 Funding, Costs, Fees, and Support
- 10 Visa & Immigration
- 11 Academic Calendar
- 12 Scholarship Support
- 13 List of Academic Fields
- 14 Application Requirements
- 15 Required Documents
- 16 Application Last Date
- 17 How To Apply?
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships Details
- Offered Degrees: Undergraduate, Master and PhD
- Scholarship Award: Fully Funded
- University Name: University of Wolverhampton
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Application Last Date: Open Now
Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
- As a student at the University of Wolverhampton, you could be eligible for the Lord Paul Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship.
- Value: £1,000 for achieving a minimum of standard entry at Undergraduate Level
- £1,500 for achieving a minimum of 2:1 or equivalent at Undergraduate Level
- £2,000 for achieving a minimum of 1st Class or equivalent at Undergraduate Level
International School Scholarships
These awards will be targeted at attracting students from key international schools globally, undertaking all three years of undergraduate support for the establishment of the University of Wolverhampton brand, and supporting the diversification of the student population. International School Scholarship Value: £1,000 per year, awarded automatically.
Available for University of Wolverhampton graduates (including those from our partner institutions) for postgraduate taught on-site study only. If you have obtained a first- or second-class degree with us and choose us for your postgraduate taught studies, you can receive between £2,000 and £3,000 depending upon your results. For postgraduate taught study only, payable for one year only. To be offered to University of Wolverhampton graduates from the University of Wolverhampton and its partners.
- Value: £2k for second-class honors
- £3k for first-class achievement
University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship
Two scholarships are available each year for students who have sought refuge in the UK:
- Undergraduate University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship Tuition Fee Waiver and Living Costs Bursary of £1,000 per year
- Postgraduate (taught) University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship Tuition Fee Waiver and Living Costs Bursary of £1,000 per year
Women in STEM Scholarships
We are pleased to offer 20 University of Wolverhampton women in STEM scholarships to undergraduate students in September 2023. The university is committed to supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and empowering women worldwide in STEM subjects. According to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), fewer than 30% of researchers worldwide are women, and only 30% of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education. The scholarship will take the form of a fee reduction that will apply for every year of your studies. There are 20 scholarships of £3,000 per year for students. Awarded on a competitive basis. University of Wolverhampton Women in STEM: £2,000 per year
The University of Wolverhampton offers a wide variety of courses for prospective students. We have been providing quality education to our student body for nearly 200 years, and applicants can choose from a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, with specializations in areas such as business, engineering, law, computing, and media. The university also offers distance learning programs as well as traditional on-campus courses. At the University of Wolverhampton, we take pride in the quality of teaching and research that we provide to students.
We strive to provide an engaging learning environment while offering the necessary support to ensure student success. We also offer vocational qualifications in line with industry standards, so that students have the best possible prospects after graduating from their respective courses. With access to the latest technology and resources, our facilities help students gain valuable practical knowledge, which is essential for their future professional careers. Explore our university courses today. Find university courses in your chosen subject area. At the University of Wolverhampton, we offer a range of different programs. Explore undergraduate, postgraduate, and part-time courses, and more.
At the University of Wolverhampton, Security Services operates 24 hours a day all year round to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff, and visitors and ensure that the University is an enjoyable place to study, work, and visit. We can all do our bit by remaining vigilant and reporting anything suspicious. Be alert to anything that seems out of the ordinary or makes you feel concerned. If you see something, say something. If you report it, we can check it out. It may well be nothing, but it may also be something important.
- We work collaboratively with West Midlands Police, West Mercia Police, and various crime prevention groups.
- Alert the Security team using the SafeZone app or call the police on 101 or 999 if it’s an emergency. You can also call the anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321.
Funding, Costs, Fees, and Support
We understand that going to University is a significant investment in your future. Here are a range of financial options available if you are considering studying with us. Don’t worry, you still have time, but you must apply as early as possible. It’s important your funding is in place so you can start your academic career without any financial worries. If you are starting in September then you still need to apply now to ensure that your student finance is in place and ready for the start of term.
For full-time undergraduate students there are a range of financial options available if you’re considering studying with us – including tuition fees and maintenance loans, scholarships, and bursaries. The Student Loan Company’s student finance calculator (opens in new window) is a useful tool to see how much you could receive. Applications for part-time and postgraduate funding open in late Spring. Visit student finance on the gov. uk website (opens in new window) to find out more about the application processes and eligibility criteria.
You or your parents/guardian/partner may be asked to provide evidence to support your funding application, so it’s important to check your emails and ensure this is provided promptly.
Visa & Immigration
From September 2021, the UKVI concession on distance learning will be ending. This means that the majority of classes will be on campus from the start of the Academic Year. Attendance is compulsory and will be monitored, so please ensure that you can attend on campus.
If you are not a UK national, you will likely need to apply for a Student Route visa before you leave your home country. What type of visa you will need, and the process for applying for it, will differ based on the type of course you plan to study, the duration of your course, and several other criteria. As part of the application process you will need to obtain the relevant entry clearance before you can travel, ensure you have sufficient funds, and pass any health checks before you arrive in the UK.
Our academic calendar is organized into semesters, each consisting of 12 weeks of teaching activities. Although each course differs slightly in the way it is organized, the majority of our courses use the timings of these semesters to schedule the delivery of your modules. The calendar includes a combination of teaching weeks, revision weeks, and assessment weeks. Unlike schools and colleges, we don’t have half terms, but on occasion, teaching is paused for a week so that students can engage with wider aspects of University life, eg. Welcome Week and Career Development Week.
The whole cost of study for a chosen group of students was covered by the English government. Benefits for overseas students include the following.
- Full Tuition Fee
- Monthly Stipend:
- Selected students receive full annual tuition of £1,000 per year for their university program.
- Maintenance loan: basic cost of living support.
- Disabled students allowance: help for students with disability or learning difficulties.
- Bursaries: like the Dannis Turner opportunity fund or our travel fund.
List of Academic Fields
- Faculty Of Business and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education, Health & Wellbeing
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Eligible international applicants are from the Center East, Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, Pakistan, East Asia, Europe, and the United States.
- To discuss courses and acceptance, applicants can choose between undergraduate or graduate courses offered at the university.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be taken by the University of Wolverhampton and be admitted to a full-time undergraduate or graduate course.
- Applicants must have tuition status international student fee-paying.
- Your official transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Bank statement (personal/parents)
- Academic references
- Passport copy
- Short Resume/CV.
- Motivational letter or Statement of purpose.
- Study plan for Master and PhD only.
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- English Proficiency Certificate from the last institute.
- ILETS if your previous Degree.
Application Last Date
The Last date to apply online for the University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships is open.
How To Apply?
The official website is the best place to go if you want to learn more about Joint University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships. There is thorough information about the courses and programs that are offered. There are a ton of other things, such as campus life, student amenities, and the policies and procedures surrounding admissions. Find out more about the faculty, researchers, and community service programs at the university. Student handbooks and academic calendars are also accessible to website users. Whether you’re a prospective or current student, or just inquisitive. Click this link to view the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship?
The University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and living costs bursary of £1,000 per year for students who have sought refuge in the UK.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Have been granted refugee status in the UK
Hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (taught) program at the University of Wolverhampton
Be assessed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes
How many scholarships are available?
Two scholarships are available each year, one for an undergraduate student and one for a postgraduate student.
What is the value of the scholarship?
The scholarship is worth £1,000 per year. This includes a tuition fee waiver and a living costs bursary.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
There is no separate application process for the scholarship. Applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
When is the deadline to apply for the scholarship?
The Last date to apply online for the University of Wolverhampton Sanctuary Scholarships is open.
What is the selection process for the scholarship?
The selection process for the scholarship is based on academic merit and personal circumstances.