UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme application form 2019/2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme 2019/2020 (Scholarships available)
The UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme 2019/2020
Applications are open for the UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme 2019/2020. The main purpose of the two-year MSc programme is to provide postgraduate students with detailed knowledge, critical understanding, strategies and the tools required to take an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental risks and human security.
The Master’s programme addresses theoretical and methodological debates in geography to better understand the complex emergence of environmental risks and natural hazards and their implications for human-nature relations (vulnerability, resilience, adaptation) and how to deal with them in practice. As a joint programme by the Department of Geography of the University of Bonn and the United Nations University in Bonn, the course provides a unique combination of advanced conceptual and applied engagements with the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
Fields of expertise include Vulnerability Assessment, Ecosystem Services, Sustainable Development, Disaster Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Human-Nature Relationships, Science & Technology Studies, Development Geography, Geomorphology, Socio-Hydrology, Future Studies, GIS and Remote Sensing. The Programme consists of 11 modules, of which nine are taught in the first three semesters followed by a compulsory internship and the independent work on the Master’s thesis. An internship of at least eight weeks is a compulsory part of the programme.
- A certain number of fully-funded scholarships will be offered to students from developing countries for the student intake from 2017 onwards.
- Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related/comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) the majority of the attended courses (reflected in your transcripts) must be related to the three following areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development;
- Science methodology and empirical research methods;
- Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
- A strong motivation to contribute to the area of human security and management of risks related to environmental change is a prerequisite to study in this Master’s Programme. Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Non-native English speaking applicants must prove proficiency in the English language.
- Applicants should be from an eligible Developing Country (check the list);
- Have at least 2 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s and before applying for Epos programme (i.e. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Have graduated from their Bachelor not more than 5 years ago;
- Have completed no other Master in a similar field of studies;
- Wish to apply the post-Master knowledge in career as practitioner (not in an academic area/PHD) further contributing to development;
- Be ready to fully commit to start with the Joint Master Programme once accepted by Joint Master’s selection committee and for funding through Epos.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit UNU-EHS.
Deadline: December 15, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the UNU-EHS/University of Bonn International Joint MSc Programme, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.