Urban Studies Foundation International application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Urban Studies Foundation International Fellowship 2020 for early to mid-career urban scholars from the Global South application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Urban Studies Foundation International Fellowship 2020 for early to mid-career urban scholars from the Global South Application Instruction
- Don’t forget that the USF application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Urban Studies Foundation International Fellowship.
Applications are invited to the USF International Fellowship scheme for urban scholars from the Global South. The Fellowship covers the costs of a sabbatical period at a university of the candidate’s choice in the Global North or South for the purpose of writing-up the candidate’s existing research findings in the form of publishable articles and/or a book under the guidance of a chosen mentor in their field of study. Funding is available for a period ranging between 3-9 months, and the proposed research may comprise any theme pertinent to a better understanding of urban realities in the Global South.
Applicants must be early-to-mid career urban scholars with a Ph.D. obtained within the preceding 10 years (by the submission deadline) who currently work in a university or other research institution within the Global South. Candidates must also be nationals of a country in the Global South, defined as any country on the present OECD list of ODA recipients (2018-2020).
The candidate must make suitable arrangements to be mentored by a suitably experienced senior urban scholar at the candidate’s chosen research institution.
The financial support attached to the fellowship will meet accommodation and subsistence needs while staying at the host university, return (economy class) airfare, and assistance towards research costs (including any enrolment fees and other resource costs). There is also a small budget available for the mentor to assist the Fellow to meet their intended research aims should this be appropriate.
Shortlisted candidates may also apply for a small amount of limited extra-ordinary care costs, for example, to support any additional care costs for a dependent person(s) incurred during the sabbatical. Fellowships should begin no later than 1 year after the application deadline (i.e. by 30th April 2021). Applicants are expected to be notified of an outcome normally within four weeks of the application deadline.
Candidates must complete the online application form no later than 30th April 2020 (by 23:59 GMT, UK time).
The application must include:
- Applicant information including contact details, recent education, recent academic roles, and the names and contact details of two academic referees. Both referees should be prepared to submit blind letters of recommendation to the Urban Studies Foundation upon request.
- Fellowship proposal information including dates, mentorship, and host institution arrangements.
- A draft budget with main cost items.
- A proposal that includes: an outline of the planned research (1200 words maximum), intended outputs (300 words maximum), the designation of the host institution (300 words maximum), and a statement of how the candidate’s chosen mentor will support and facilitate the proposed research (300 words maximum).
- Proof of applicant’s nationality and therefore eligible for the award.
- Applicant CV listing academic achievements and publications (3 pages maximum).
- Short CV from the mentor which includes any previous mentoring experience (3 pages maximum).
- Supporting letter from the prospective mentor stating their willingness to act as a mentor to the fellow, and indicating the suitability of the host institution for the proposed sabbatical study (2 pages maximum).
All candidates should consult the Further Particulars document below before applying to the scheme.
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the USF, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
👍Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!👇👇