University of the Western Cape, UWC International Student Services Office (ISSO).
The ISSO offers dedicated student administration to support international students at various stages of their education at UWC.
UWC is thrilled to be considered as your development partner in achieving your tertiary education goals. We are privileged to host students of diverse nationalities across all our faculty programmes.
International students include all persons whose nationality is from abroad (out of Africa), from the SADAC countries (within Africa), refugees, Section 24 asylum permit holders, and any other person not in possession of a South African citizen identity document.
International students have unique requirements associated with their studies in South Africa and will need specialised support.
The UWC ISSO aligns with the institutional objectives that aim to:
- Further global perspectives among its staff and students, strengthening intellectual life, and contributing to South Africa’s reintegration into the world community. (UWC Mission Statement, 1997)
UWC strives to be a place of growth from hope into action through knowledge and is committed to teaching, learning, and research. It offers international students the opportunity to pursue their learning goals in a diverse and thriving academic community located in the iconic city of Cape Town.
This webpage contains important information for your application to study at UWC.
International Student Application Process:
- STEP 1: Visit the ADMISSION section to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for your preferred academic programme.
- STEP 2: Visit the EVALUATION section to obtain an exemption from Universities South Africa (USAf) or evaluation of international qualifications from South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- STEP 3: Visit the APPLICATIONS section below to submit an online application to UWC.
- STEP 4: Visit the IMMIGRATION section below and review the information supplied for the Visa application or Visa renewal process.
- STEP 5: Visit the REGISTRATION section below and follow the pre-registration clearance process and register.
- STEP 6: Go to the ARRIVAL section below and prepare for your relocation to Cape Town.
- STEP 7: Visit the FEEDBACK section below and help us improve the experience.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!