WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme application form 2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme 2020
The WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme
Applications for the WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme 2020 are now open. The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
In response to an identified need for structured practical capacity enhancement for young West Africans, WACSI introduced a Next Generation Internship Programme (NGIP) in January 2008 aimed at developing the next generation of African scholars and practitioners. The programme primarily targets young West Africans, either fresh graduates or early career professionals, seeking work experience in WACSI’s core areas of work. Interns are expected to commit to WACSI for six months during which time they will be fully involved in all WACSI activities and enhance their knowledge and capacities for leadership, knowledge and programme management, and critical development issues for West Africa, among other areas.
WACSI is therefore seeking interns interested in enhancing their civic consciousness and developing their professional capacity. They will be embedded in WACSI’s core areas of work i.e. Capacity Development, Policy Influencing and Advocacy and Knowledge Management.
This is a predominantly self-funded internship. The institute will support interns with fully furnished accommodation and lunch during working days for the duration of the internship.
Positions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for Knowledge Management Intern:
- Conduct and support background research and analysis on topical issues.
- Contribute to and compile the weekly Civil Society Situation Report and the quarterly WACSeries publications.
- Compile and manage information for the Civil Society Knowledge Hub.
- Support editing and review of manuscripts for publication.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of relevant WACSI programmes and with report writing.
- Attend and represent WACSI at meetings with partner organisations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Responsibilities for Capacity Development Intern:
- Collect relevant information to support training preparation;
- Contribute to and publicise the Institute’s programmes advertisements;
- Assist in the development of training materials and toolkit;
- Assist in the coordination of training programmes, including handling of logistics and report writing;
- Contribute to the design and development of concept notes, proposals and any other relevant document;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Responsibilities for Policy Influencing and Advocacy Intern:
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
- Assist with data generation, analysis and management.
- Minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies or related fields.
- Interest in civil society and non-profit organisation management.
- Commitment to WACSI’s vision and values and demonstrated interest in civil society.
- Strong research, writing and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Internet research skills.
- Bilingual skills (French and English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure with minimal supervision and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proactive, willing to learn and take initiative.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a high proficiency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other.
- The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
- The internship period is from January to June 2020.
- Interested candidates will be required to cover their expenses. This will include, but not limited to, aspects related to (i) the cost of their travel to and from Ghana (where resident outside Ghana) (ii) daily subsistence in Ghana, and any other expenses related to the internship.
- WACSI will subsidise the cost by providing fully furnished accommodation and lunch during work periods for the duration of the internship.
Interested applicants should send the following documents to: The Head of Administration at [email protected] by Friday 15 November, 2019:
- Application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- Names and contact of two referees; and
- Letter of motivation expressing career goals and how the internship will contribute to achieving them.
- Applicants for the Knowledge Management internship must submit a writing sample of no more than 3 pages.
For more information, visit WACSI.
Deadline: November 15, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.