Widener University was founded as a preparatory school for boys and has since evolved into a comprehensive university with a diverse range of academic programs. The university is known for its commitment to providing a well-rounded education that combines academic excellence with hands-on experience and community engagement.
Widener offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines, including liberal arts, business, engineering, education, nursing, social work, and more. The university aims to prepare students for successful careers and leadership roles in their chosen fields.
Widener University Band Scholarships in Music for International Students 2023/2024
At Widener University, every individual is guaranteed a pathway to both personal and professional triumph. The institution stands out for its unwavering dedication to fostering exceptional leadership skills among its students. Upon graduation, alumni experience swift progress, frequently ascending to managerial roles with post-graduate salaries surpassing the national average. With a strong commitment to safety and inclusivity, Widener’s campuses provide a nurturing environment for an ambitious and industrious student community, where faculty mentors actively pave the way for groundbreaking research opportunities.
- Host University: Widener University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000£
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All subjects;
- Application Deadline: The scholarship is open.
The Band Scholarships in Music are now open to all international Undergraduate students in any field, granting them the opportunity to pursue their studies at Widener University, USA.
The fortunate recipient of the scholarship from Widener University will receive an annual financial award ranging from $2,000 to $3,000 to support their studies in a specific field of their choosing.
This generous scholarship is renewable each year, ensuring continued financial assistance throughout the recipient’s academic journey. The university aims to empower deserving students by investing in their education and facilitating their pursuit of excellence in their chosen areas of expertise.
How to Apply
To qualify for consideration, aspiring applicants must satisfy the specified criteria as follows:
- Be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at the esteemed University of East Anglia.
- Demonstrate their self-funding commitment towards their educational journey.
- Exhibit genuine financial need, underscoring their dedication and determination to overcome financial challenges and pursue their academic ambitions in the USA.
To initiate the scholarship application process, students are required to submit their applications online via the university’s designated portal, utilizing the Common Application platform. Additionally, prospective applicants must complete the Music Scholarship Form, which serves as a vital component of their scholarship submission. This streamlined approach ensures that candidates have a comprehensive and convenient means of applying for the scholarship opportunity.
As part of the application process, aspiring candidates are required to furnish the following essential documents:
- A YouTube link showcasing a captivating Band performance in which the applicant has actively participated. This video submission serves as a testament to the applicant’s musical talent and dedication.
- Comprehensive official transcripts reflecting the academic achievements attained during the most recent three academic years. These transcripts provide a holistic overview of the applicant’s scholastic performance.
- A Letter of Recommendation from a credible source is a mandatory inclusion. This recommendation letter serves to highlight the applicant’s character, skills, and potential for success.
- Verification of financial support, which is crucial to demonstrate the applicant’s ability to fund their education during their time at the university.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport is also required to verify their identity and ensure smooth administrative processes. These documents, when collectively submitted, enable the university to assess the candidate’s eligibility thoroughly and fairly for the scholarship opportunity.
As part of the selection process, applicants will have the valuable opportunity to engage in a brief Zoom interview with Dr. Iain Moyer, who serves as the esteemed Director of Athletic Bands. During this interactive session, candidates will have the chance to showcase their passion for music, discuss their musical journey, and demonstrate their potential as valuable additions to the university’s vibrant musical community. This interview serves as a significant aspect of the application procedure, allowing Dr. Iain Moyer to personally connect with applicants and gain insight into their musical aspirations and dedication.
To be considered for admission, applicants are required to achieve specific minimum scores on recognized English language proficiency tests. The following are the qualifying scores for each test:
- TOEFL IBT – A minimum score of 500 is necessary.
- TOEFL PBT – A score of 80 or above is required.
- IELTS – Applicants must attain a minimum score of 6.5.
- PTE – A minimum score of 58 is essential.
- Duolingo – Applicants need to achieve a score of 105 or higher.
These language proficiency requirements ensure that prospective students possess the necessary English language skills to succeed academically and fully engage in the university’s diverse learning environment.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://ugadmissions.widener.edu/apply/