This is the full and accredited list of the University of the Witwatersrand, WITS courses 2024, admission entry requirements and tuition/application fees for WITS online application form 2024 Intake.
Want to know the official list of courses offered at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) 2024? Are you passionate and love to study at WITS? Are you interested in creating spaces that positively affect how we live, work and play? If Yes; Then this awesome post about the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Courses 2024, faculties handbook, and departmental prospectus pdf download is created especially for people like you.
All candidates seeking admission to study at University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) for 2024 are hereby direct to check the list of available Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters, Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Distance Learning programmes and Short Courses offered at University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) that has gained the Council on Higher Education accreditation before applying.
All you need to know about the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) are published here on southafricaportal.com has obtained from the official WITS website.
Information about University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Courses, online application form, admission requirements, Faculties, Admission Requirements, Prospectus, Brochure, Application Dates, Registration Dates, Curriculum, Term Dates, Departments Handbook, Fees Schedule, admission point score calculator (APS), as well as other learning-related activities, can be accessed in the WITS Prospectus PDF Download.
List of University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Courses Offered 2024 | Faculties And Programmes.
Choosing your degree
Wits has five faculties, made up of of 33 schools, offering 3416 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
See the information below for an overview of each faculty and undergraduate degrees. Use the side navigation or in this section tab to access a comprehensive list of our degrees and major subject options.
If you haven’t decided on a course of study or your future career, try our interactive career planner, or consider making an appointment with Wits’ Counselling and Careers Development Unit (CCDU). The Unit offers programmes designed for grade 11 and 12 students, tertiary students, and even adults wanting to make mid-career changes.
Below are the courses that you can study at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS):
Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management
The Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management offers world-class educational programmes that equip future leaders with business, management, and legal skills, while supporting your professional development.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate qualifications through the:
- School of Accountancy
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Business Sciences
- School of Law
- Wits Plus Centre for Part-Time Studies
Our programmes include the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with flexible major combinations, and more specialised degrees, like:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Law
- Two-year stream
- Three-year stream
- Four-year stream
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Economic Science
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
Degrees offered through the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment address South Africa’s social, spatial, and infra-structural needs, and include architecture, urban and regional planning, property studies, and construction studies.This Faculty comprises seven Schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics and Management
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
We offer a range of undergraduate programmes, including:
- Engineering, in a range of fields
- Biomedical Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Digital Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Property Studies
- Construction Studies
Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences pioneers African and global research that improves and saves lives. Join a community of achievers and help to shape the future.
The Bachelor of Health Sciences offers three fields of study: Biokinetics, Biomedical Sciences, and Health Systems Sciences.
Degrees are offered in:
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Occupational Therapy
You will receive academic and practical training at five major hospitals in Johannesburg, at several clinics and rural hospitals in Gauteng, and at the Donald Gordon Medical Centre, which also assists clinicians with all aspects of their clinical research.
More than 500 students graduate from our faculty every year.
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities is among Africa’s leading centres of study in the Arts, Social Sciences, Human and Community Development, Education and Literature, and Media.
Choose between vocationally oriented programmes for specific careers, and theory and research-oriented programmes for careers in academia and research institutes, the public and private sectors, and non-governmental organisations.
Three schools in the Faculty of Humanities offer professional (vocational) programmes
- Wits School of Arts (WSoA): Digital Arts; Dramatic Arts; Film and Televsion; Fine Arts and Music
- Wits School of Education (WSoE): Foundation Phase Teaching; Intermediate Phase Teaching; Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- School of Human and Community Development (SHCD): Speech-Language Pathology; Audiology; Social Work
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science has a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research. Studying science opens doors to careers in fields like medical research, chemistry, computer science and biotechnology.
There are nine Schools in the Faculty, clustered into four groupings:
- Mathematical Sciences: Actuarial Sciences; Computational and Applied Mathematics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Mathematics of Finance; Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Science: Physical Science; Chemistry with Chemical Engineering; Material Science; Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Earth Sciences: Geography and Archaeology; Geospatial Science; Geological Science
- Biological Sciences: Biodiversity; Ecology and Conservation; Organismal Biology; Applied Bioinformatics; Biochemistry and Cell Biology; Genetics and Development Biology; Microbiology and Biotechnology
For more information and inquiries, please navigate to the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) portal. All details are available on the institution’s official website.
What to do Next;
We are sure this awesome post has helped you to know the updated list of the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) programmes 2024. if Yes.
However, if you have any queries regarding the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Courses 2024, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
What’s your take in this post? Please don’t keep it to yourself;
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS and Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss and get University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) 2024 latest updates.