Youth Ag Summit application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Youth Ag Summit application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Youth Ag Summit
The Bayers Youth Ag Summit 2021/2022 for next generation of agricultural change-makers application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Youth Ag Summit application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Youth Ag Summit
The Youth Ag Summit is a unique opportunity to connect and empower the next generation of agricultural change-makers.
Today, our planet faces the challenge of using fewer natural resources while feeding a growing population — predicted to reach almost 10 billion by 2050. The day-to-day realities of farming, agricultural production, and food consumption call for new kinds of innovation. Innovations that can transform today’s challenges into tomorrow’s breakthroughs.
We believe that, as the agricultural leaders of tomorrow, young people should be at the forefront of these efforts. The Youth Ag Summit is their platform.
A platform for change
The Youth Ag Summit is a unique opportunity to connect and empower the next generation of agricultural change-makers. Every two years, we bring together 100 global young leaders for networking, debates, skills training, and project development. The end goal? To equip them to take concrete action on one of humanity’s most pressing problems: how to feed a hungry planet while using fewer natural resources. The first Youth Ag Summit took place in Calgary, Canada, in 2013, followed by Canberra, Australia, in 2015, Brussels, Belgium, in 2017, and Brasilia, Brazil, in 2019.
The Youth Ag Summit’s efforts are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which were adopted by the United Nations in 2015 with the hope of ending poverty, protecting the planet, and ensuring prosperity for all. The SDGs aim to achieve Zero Hunger and end all forms of malnutrition by 2030.
- The Youth Ag Summit is open to applications from young people aged 18-25, who are passionate about agriculture, food security, environmental stewardship, world hunger, biotechnology, farming, or animal husbandry.
- Applicants are not required to be farmers – previous delegates have included lawyers, doctors, teachers, and business management, students.
The Youth Ag Summit (YAS) takes place every two years. YAS 2021 will take place digitally on November 16-17 followed by a ten-week virtual incubator called “YAS University” from January to March in 2022.
“YAS University” is an entrepreneurship support program developed in partnership with the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN SDSN). This ten-week incubator is aimed at developing project ideas through key insights and capacity building.
- Applicants need to submit an application through the application portal, consisting of (1) an application form where you answer several questions on your experience and motivation, and (2) a 3-minute video pitch where you explain your specific project idea on “how to feed a hungry planet.”
- We do not accept handwritten applications. All applications need to be submitted in English. You will find more information and directions in our Application Guidelines.
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Youth Ag Summit, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.