ACCES Scholarship 2024/2025… Do you wish to apply for the African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) Scholarship 2024? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given detailed information about the African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) Scholarship 2024, Eligibility, and How To Apply.
African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) has been in existence and has been doing massive intake annually for the past years. And, we have been receiving numerous requests from aspirants on various platforms yearning for legitimate information about the African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) application form and guidelines for 2024/2025. Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply For ACCES Scholarship 2024?
- How Do I Join The ACCES Scholarship 2024?
- Is The ACCES Scholarship 2024 Application Form Out?
- When Will The ACCES Scholarship 2024 Start?
Keep reading this article as you will find answers to the above queries.
The African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) is a non-profit agency that supports Kenyan students by providing post-secondary scholarships. ACCES is a duly incorporated and registered charity with Head Office in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
ACCES was founded in 1993 by Beth & George Scott as an organization dedicated to education. By 1998, a group of ACCES scholarship graduates initiated a literacy program in poor rural communities that had no schools, called LIFA (Literacy For All). After several government grants to build brick-and-mortar schools, they have since been handed over to the public school system, and are thriving, in communities that are also thriving as a result of the community development programs that were part of the government grant projects.
Today, there are more than 3,000 Kenyans who have graduated with an ACCES scholarship, an alumni association with an endowment fund sponsoring students on its own, and an award-winning Kenyan organization that has empowered 14 communities to become self-sufficient.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen, below 30 years of age, and from Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, and Vihiga Counties.
- Must have a minimum KCSE grade of C plain for college and C+ for University.
- Those already attending College/University and meeting the above grades, must maintain a minimum grade of B and above in academic performance.
- Must be either enrolled or have an admission letter to a Kenyan learning institution accredited with the KNEC or KUCCPS. Post-Graduate Program Students are not eligible.
- Students in Privately Sponsored Students Programmes (PSSP) in colleges and universities are not eligible to apply.
- College/University students must not be fully funded by the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB). For those under the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) Program, only the college/university undergraduates with a HELB loan of KShs.40,000 and below and demonstrating further financial need may be considered. ACCES Staff will verify the amount the candidate claims to have received from HELB at www.helb.co.ke.
- Students with disabilities who did KCSE from Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Kisumu, Nandi, Siaya, TransNzoia, Uasin Gishu, and Vihiga counties are eligible to apply.
- Must demonstrate the need for financial assistance by providing supporting documents outlining family circumstances. Recommendation letters alone, without other supporting documents, will not be sufficient.
Value of Award: Successful applicants will receive a partial college or university scholarship from ACCES.
IMPORTANT! The African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) Scholarship Application Form 2024 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately after the form is out.
For more information, visit the Scholarship Webpage
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.