Korean Government Scholarship Program Application Information.
Here are the details of the Global Korea application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans are published here on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official website/application portal.
Korean Government Scholarship Program
The Korean Government Scholarship Program 2024 for Undergraduate Study in South Korea (Fully Funded) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Global Korea application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Global Korea
Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
※ As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship
in 2010, the name has been changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship).
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree (Natural Science and Engineering department) also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated regional universities.
[Embassy Track and University Track]
Please contact the first round of selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview, etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
- Round-trip airfare, Settlement allowance, Monthly allowance, Korean Language training fee, Tuition, Medical insurance, Korean proficiency grants, Degree completion grants
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries that are invited to take part in the GKS program.
- All applicants and their parents must NOT hold Korean citizenship. If an applicant or his/her parent(s) hold dual citizenship (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country), he/she is NOT eligible to apply.
※ Applicants and their parent(s) may hold different citizenship. Applicant‟s parent(s) may hold citizenship of non GKS participating countries.
※ Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
Level of Education
- Applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school can apply for a Bachelor‟s degree program or an Associate’s degree program.
- Applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from an associate degree program can only apply for a Bachelor‟s degree program.
※ Applicants who are expected to graduate by February 28th, 2024 must first submit a certificate of expected graduation. The official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted to GKS Center, NIIED by February 28th, 2024 at the latest. If a scholar fails to submit their official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript by the deadline, his/her acceptance to the scholarship will be canceled. Any scholarship (e.g., airfare, settlement allowance) that was provided to the scholar will need to be returned.
- Must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1997)
Available Fields of Study
- Applicants must only apply to the universities/fields of study(departments) that are listed in the “University Information” file attached under the GKS Notice post in Study In Korea website※ www.studyinkorea.go.kr (English/Korean version) Scholarships GKS Notice
- The Regional University Track applicants can only apply for departments that are listed under Natural Science, Technology, and Engineering field.
- Academic programs offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, and online and distance-learning programs are not applicable to this scholarship program.
- Please be advised that even if a university‟s department you intend to apply to offers English-taught courses, it may be subject to change depending on the circumstances. Thus, we highly advise you to confirm with the university. Please keep in mind that Korean is the core language to be used in every Korean university.
- Embassy track: The application start date and deadline will be decided at each embassy‟s discretion.
- University track: Application start date and deadline will be decided at each university‟s discretion. However, the application for university track will be open until October 20th.
※ Applicants must check with Korean embassies and desired universities regarding exact application deadline.
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the Global Korea, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).