Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards application form 2020 | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards 2020 (up to $10,000)
The Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards
Applications are open for the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards 2020. The Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards recognize books that have made important contributions to our understanding of racism and our appreciation of the rich diversity of human cultures. For over 80 years, the distinguished books earning Anisfield-Wolf prizes have opened and challenged our minds.
Cleveland poet and philanthropist Edith Anisfield Wolf established the book prizes in 1935, in honor of her father, John Anisfield, and husband, Eugene Wolf, to reflect her family’s passion for issues of social justice. Today it remains the only American book prize focusing on works that address racism and diversity. Past winners have presented the extraordinary art and culture of peoples around the world, explored human-rights violations, exposed the effects of racism on children, reflected on growing up biracial, and illuminated the dignity of people as they search for justice.
- Anisfield-Wolf winners receive their prize at a ceremony in Cleveland in September.
- Award recipients traditionally receive $10,000 from the Anisfield-Wolf fund.
- Winners are required to participate in media interviews and publicity opportunities in conjunction with the prize.
- Publishers are encouraged to congratulate their winners in advertisements and via social media.
- Publishers are encouraged to mention of the Anisfield-Wolf prize in new editions, general publicity and web posts about their winning authors.
- Books must be written in English and published and copyrighted in 2019 to be eligible for the 2020 prize.
- Awards are given in fiction, poetry and nonfiction.
- All submitted materials become the property of the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards and will not be returned.
- The deadline for submission is December 31. Entries arriving after the deadline must be postmarked by December 31 to be eligible.
- Confirmation of delivery receipt is not provided.
- The following are NOT eligible for consideration:
- Works in progress
- Electronically published or e-books
- Self-published works
To submit a book for consideration, send five copies with a completed copy of the Entry Form to:
Karen R. Long
c/o Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards
The Cleveland Foundation
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300
Cleveland, OH 44115
Email: [email protected]
For more information, see FAQ or visit Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards.
Deadline: December 31, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.