Beyond Borders Scotland Women application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Beyond Borders Scotland Women application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Beyond Borders Scotland Women
The Beyond Borders Scotland Women in Conflict 1325 Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Beyond Borders Scotland Women application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Beyond Borders Scotland Women
Applications for the Beyond Borders Scotland Women in Conflict 1325 Fellowship Programme 2020 are now open.
The Women in Conflict 1325 Fellowship is based around the principles of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 which “reaffirms the role of women in the prevention and resolution of conflict, peace negotiations, peace-building, peacekeeping, humanitarian response and in post-conflict reconstruction, and stresses the importance of their equal participation in all efforts for the promotion of peace and security ”.
By bringing together women activists and peacebuilders from a range of conflict affected countries the fellowship provides expert guidance and capacity building training in topics such as mediation, peacebuilding, and dialogue methodologies with an emphasis on inclusivity and sustainable conflict resolution.
The fellowship also includes sessions on personal self-care strategies for those living in conflict areas and those involved in conflict-based work.
To date, the fellowship has been held three times a year in Edinburgh and has so far involved over 200 women from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iraq, Jordan, Kashmir, Lebanon, Libya, the Maldives, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, and Yemen. In 2020/21, due to the implications of COVID-19, the Fellowship Programme will take place remotely through use of a video conferencing platform and online resources.
Objectives of the Programme
The Fellowship Programme aims to:
- Provide a platform enabling the sharing of experiences in relation to UNSCR1325 and the global Women, Peace, and Security agenda; women’s roles in peace building and conflict resolution; and gender equality;
- Explore the equal and meaningful participation of women in peace processes, peace building, and more widely in society, including identifying challenges and entry points;
- Facilitate a network of women engaged in an on-going learning and experience sharing process, building a sustainable and evolving alumnae community;
- Provide guidance on topics including: mediation; reconciliation; political participation; transitional justice; constitution building; gender equality; policy advocacy; and self-care strategies, among others.
Open to women from the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia, who:
- Are working in fields such as:
- Mediation and dialogue;
- Women’s rights and/or empowerment & advocacy;
- Cultural dialogue;
- Issues relating to gender-based violence;
- Issues relating to refugees or displaced people;
- Human Rights;
- Humanitarian assistance;
- Transitional Justice;
- Disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration
- Are available from November 1 to December 6 and are able to manage the time commitment of 6 hours of live sessions per week, plus self-paced work between sessions;
- Are fluent in Arabic and/or English.
Send the completed application form and an up-to-date CV to
email@example.com by 5pm (BST) on September 4.
Applications can be accepted in English or Arabic. Late applications will not be accepted. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before applying. You will be contacted if your application has been successful.
For more information, visit Beyond Borders Scotland.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Beyond Borders Scotland Women, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.