Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring application form 2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring 2020
The Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring
Application now open for the spring 2020 Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program. The Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program brings journalists from across Central Asia to the United States for individual professional residencies designed to increase professional standards, increase the credibility and accuracy of participants’ reporting, and bolster independent media in Central Asia.
Journalists-in-Residence participate in intensive month-long work placements at American media organizations in the state of Texas, supplemented by journalism training opportunities at local universities. Through these residencies, Journalists-in-Residence explore the structure and operations of American media outlets and strengthen their understanding of disinformation and source verification. This initiative aims to develop a cross-regional network of Central Asian independent journalists and media organizations. Journalists-in-Residence participate as part of a small cohort, collaborating during their time in the U.S. and upon their return to Central Asia continue to engage with a broader network of regional journalists, including through the GOViral network.
The Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program is part of the Central Asian Media Exchange Program (CAMEX) funded by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by Meridian International Center in partnership with Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC).
Spring 2020 Program
The spring 2020 program will be held for approximately four weeks in April-May 2020 in cities across the state of Texas. The program will include a program orientation and closing in Austin, Texas. Program dates will be announced at the time of selection.
- Open to citizens of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan
- At least five years of relevant work experience
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Relevant experience and recent work in the field
- Leadership and commitment to career growth, positive attitude, and initiative
- Commitment to develop a network of Central Asian independent journalist and media outlets
- Strong English language skills in speaking, reading, and writing
Applications must be submitted through the online application in English. You can start an application, save your progress, and return to submit it at a later point before the deadline. The application requirements include:
- 3 short essays
- 3 examples of recent work in English. If you do not have examples published in English, please provide a translation and the original work.
- 1 letter of recommendation in English from a current or former supervisor. Letters must be submitted directly from the recommender to Meridian by email; letters submitted by applicants will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for requesting letters of recommendation and confirming that letters have been submitted. Applications without letters of recommendation will not be considered.
Applications are due online Friday, November 15, 2019 12:00pm Eastern U.S. time / 10:00pm Ashgabat / Dushanbe / Tashkent time / 11:00pm Nur-Sultan / Bishkek time.
Applicants may be invited to interview in person or virtually. All applicants will be notified of selection decisions in early 2020.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit CAJIR Program.
Deadline: November 15, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Central Asian Journalist-in-Residence Program – Spring, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.