Junior City Council (JCC) application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on The City of Cape Town Junior City Council for secondary school students application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Junior City Council (JCC) Application Instructions 2023
The Junior City Council (JCC) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Junior City Council (JCC) application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
Junior City Council (JCC) Application Details 2023
The Junior City Council (JCC) is an initiative run by the City which aims to expose secondary school students in Cape Town to the workings of the City Council. The City of Cape Town has officially opened the application process for the 2023 Junior City Council (JCC) term. The programme invites learners to explain what changes they would make in their respective communities, should they be selected.
The JCC is a city-run, apolitical programme that aims to introduce high school students in Cape Town to the functions of the City Council. The programme offers young people in grades 10 and 11 the opportunity to:
- Become a City ambassador
- Develop key leadership skills
- Enhance community project management skills
- Broaden their knowledge of local government
- Cultivate a culture of active citizenry
The programme, which will run over eight months, will include a variety of JCC debate sessions and workshops. Junior Councillors will be able to submit formal submissions to Council during these meetings regarding youth-related issues in the City and the communities they represent. The Junior Council elects a Junior Mayor, Junior Deputy Mayor, Junior Speaker, and Junior Chief Whip.
- If you would like to get involved, complete the Junior City Council nomination form and email it to [email protected] by Tuesday, 21 March 2023.
- If shortlisted, you will need to prepare a two-minute speech explaining ‘How you would change your community if selected as a Junior Councillor’.
- Interviews will take place during the March/April 2023 school holidays. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an in-person interview, which will take place at the Cape Town Civic Centre, 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Foreshore Cape Town.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the City of Cape Town Junior City Council
However, if you have queries regarding the Junior City Council (JCC) Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!