College of Cape Town Bursaries | How to apply for College of Cape Town bursary 2022, NSFAS financial support, funding, bursary application forms, requirements, and student loan application guide for 2022 academic year.
The College of Cape Town currently offers financial aid/support to students who are financially needy and who show academic potential.
Interested undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate, occupational, NCV, and NATED Programmes students are required to apply annually for financial aid and grants.
Funding for such financial aid is made through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and hence the size of any award is determined according to the NSFAS means test.
The College of Cape Town Application Portal 2022 is where you get full information about the College of Cape Town student’s bursaries, funding, Bursary application forms, bursary requirements, tuition fees, and loan application guide has published on southafricaportal.com.
SouthAfricaPortal Team has published below the details fo apply for the College of Cape Town bursaries application 2022.
RECOMMENDED: Download CAO HandBook 2022 PDF
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary Applications 2022.
Application forms and information for NSFAS can be obtained from the College of Cape Town Financial Aid office.
The application forms must be accompanied by all stated supporting documents, eg, Certified ID copy of student/ applicant, Certified ID copies of both parents if one/both are deceased- certified death certificate, income statement/ payslip of both parents if they are working, if they are not working an affidavit stating they are not working, if they are getting a grant, a proof showing that, if the applicant has brothers and sisters, their certified ID/ birth certificates copies, if they are registered with other tertiary institutions, proof of that is also required. Original documents and copies must be taken to the nearest Police station/ local Post Office for the stamp.
Original documents are not accepted. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the application form is fully/ correctly completed.
On submission of NSFAS application form, the student will receive a receipt, which should be kept as a proof of application, without it, is your word against ours. Please present your slip at all times to the Financial Aid/Bursary Office.
First-Year students will only be given an application form for Financial Assistance upon providing the Financial Aid Office with a letter from the university indicating that the student has been either accepted or provisionally accepted for the 2022 academic year.
The value of the NSFAS award will only be credited to the student’s fee account in the third term, once all bursaries have been awarded and paid into the student’s account. This is to ensure that the loans granted are as low as possible.
Students receiving NSFAS loans will be required to complete an application form and a loan agreement before any payment will be effected.
The allocation received from NSFAS is limited and hence the Financial Aid Committee of the College of Cape Town, who gives financial aid awards, must ensure that as many students are supported as possible while at the same time taking into account financial need.
Students are therefore advised that registering on the basis of receiving a full loan from NSFAS should not be considered and that a family contribution as determined by the Means Test may be required. It is also important to note that there are various different kinds of funding made available each year through NSFAS.
All students can apply for a loan from the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), a government loan scheme with the added incentive of a bursary conversion (max 40%) depending on academic performance. The parent’s/family’s contribution to the student’s study cost is called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and is calculated using the Government’s National Means Test.
- Prospective Students who wish to study at the College through NSFAS Bursary must APPLY ONLINE at http://www.nsfas.org.za
- Manual NSFAS applications will be facilitated but students must apply directly to NSFAS online!
- To enquire more about bursaries, contact/visit Student Support Offices at the Campuses
- Applicants applying online may not subsequently apply using a paper-based application
- Please note that receiving a student number (reference number) does not imply you are a registered student until you have officially registered.
- Please note that you will be required to come on campus to write the CAP Test. The test informs and educates students on a variety of career options. At the same time, it gauges the student’s personal interest in the different careers on offer.
- Incomplete applications may result in the delay of finalization of your application
- Continuation with a programme depends on sufficient numbers being enrolled
- Applicants must have a valid email address and mobile number in order to apply to the college. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/ SMS.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements for a specific programme does not necessarily guarantee admission to that particular programme
READ ALSO: College of Cape Town Prospectus 2022 PDF
How To Apply For College of Cape Town NSFAS
Apply online @ www.nsfas.org.za
Government has set up the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to provide students with financial assistance to cover the cost for registration, tuition and provide allowances them with allowances for books, food, transport and accommodation.
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from nsfas.org.za fill it in and submit it with your application
NB: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months
YOU MAY APPLY IF:
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this Institution and have not been approved for NSFAS funding
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this Institution but have not applied for NSFAS funding before
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less and you plan to study at a public university or TVET College in 2019 and require funding
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
You have already applied on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number
You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below which you may apply for:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- B Tech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- B Tech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- B Tech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the financial aid office on campus for assistance.
You may Call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327
For Full Details, visit the official website via OR Financial Aid Office.
However, if you have queries regarding the College of Cape Town bursaries application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!