Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn (Pty) Ltd A.K.A. Emmanuel Nursing School online application, prospectus, entry requirements, important dates, term dates, open dates, how to apply, fees structure, application documents required and contact details.
A nursing school where aspirant nurses are offered equal opportunities to pave a future for themselves in the centuries-old career of caring for the ill and frail.
- 1 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Courses & Courseware Structure
- 2 The learner develops personally and professionally and on completion of the course, should be able to:
- 3 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Evaluation
- 4 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Fairness, Transparency & Professionalism
- 5 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Programme Goals
- 6 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Important Information & Dates
- 7 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Term dates
- 8 Selection Process
- 9 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Fees:
- 10 1-year Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing
- 11 How to apply
- 12 Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Supporting Documentation
- 13 CONTACT US
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Courses & Courseware Structure
Emmanuel is registered and accredited with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) 2018/HE07/005, the Council for Higher Education (CHE) and the South African Nursing Council (SANC) to offer the following course(s):
- 1-year Higher Certificate in Nursing (Auxiliary Nurse) R169
- 3-year Diploma in Nursing (General Nurse) R171
The learner develops personally and professionally and on completion of the course, should be able to:
- Recognise and respect people’s values and needs.
- Realise that social and cultural influences and physical situations are connected to human behaviour and health.
- Know and apply applicable laws and legal aspects of nursing.
- Accept the ethical and moral rules of nursing.
- Accept that nursing is involved with all stages of the human life.
- Help individuals and groups with nursing care as part of a nursing regimen.
- Know the place of the nurse in the interprofessional team when providing healthcare.
- Know their responsibility regarding the promotion of bodily and emotional needs of the human and be able to practically apply knowledge and skills.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Evaluation
Continuous evaluation is done through written tests, written
examinations, case studies, tasks, marking of workbooks,
procedures and practical ward rounds.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Fairness, Transparency & Professionalism
All teaching and communication is done in English.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Programme Goals
The goal of Emmanuel Nursing School’s programmes is to provide interested individuals the opportunity to pursue a career in nursing. Once accepted into Emmanuel Nursing School, students will gain the knowledge and skills required to practise as a nurse and develop professionally.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Important Information & Dates
- Applications for the 1-year certificate in Auxiliary nursing is closed for the 2021 academic year
- Application dates for the 3-year diploma in General nursing will be announced (pending final accreditation)
- Proof of non-refundable administration fee, together with the required supporting documentation must be submitted online (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All applications will follow a selection process.
- No late payments are allowed. If payment schedule is not adhered to, your studies may be terminated. Prevent a delay in updating your records by ensuring that your payment is cleared before or on each payment date
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Term dates
The selection process will be conducted in 3 Phases. Initial sifting of all applications to select potential candidates. This sifting process is based on academic scoring.
Phase 1: Candidates that are pre-selected in Phase 1 will be invited to attend a 2-day screening workshop at Emmanuel Nursing School. Candidates will be expected do do a practical demonstration and complete a questionnaire. This date will be communicated directly to the candidate.
Phase 2: Candidates that successfully pass Phase 2 will be interviewed by a staff member and final feedback will be given to confirm or reject the application.
Phase 3: A staff member will conduct an interview with candidates who pass Phase 2 successfully and final feedback will be given to confirm selection.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Fees:
1-year Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing
- A non-refundable application fee of R500 applies to all applicants who wish to enrol for the 1-year Higher Certificate in Nursing (Auxiliary Nurse) R169. Proof of payment should be sent along with your official application.
- Candidates that are pre-selected in Phase 1 and are invited to attend the screening workshop at Emmanuel Nursing School will be required to pay a non-refundable R1000 screening fee. Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com no later than 1 week before the workshop commences.
- Students that successfully completed the screening process and were accepted to enrol for the 2021 academic year must pay a R5 500 deposit on or before 1 August 2020.
- The full amount of R55 000 is payable towards tuition fees in equal, consecutive, monthly instalments over a 9-month period. The first monthly payment is due by 2 January 2021. If the student account is paid in full by 30 April a R1000 discount is applicable. Tuition fees include the cost of study material (student workbooks), SANC registration as a student; initial SANC examination fees and professional indemnity. It also includes textbooks, two uniforms and a magnetic name badge.
- Supplementary examinations will be charged at R450 per practical and/or theoretical examination.
- A report on a summative assessment will be charged at R450 per script (applicable to Emmannuel Nursing School internal assessments only).
- Students who request a full transcript of training will be charged R850 per transcript.
How to apply
Only students who meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements can apply for the 1-year Higher Certificate in Nursing (Auxiliary Nurse) R169. Interested candidates who comply with the minimum requirements are to submit the application form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emmanuel Verpleegskool Oudtshoorn Supporting Documentation
- Application form.
2. 2 Certified copies of your South African identity document.
3. Certified copy of your marriage / divorce certificate if applicable
4. 2 ID photos.
5. Certified copy of previous tertiary qualification(s). (if applicable)