Hungry Lion Learnership 2023-2024, How to apply online, requirements, application form pdf download, eligibility, and application closing date 2023.
Ready to apply to the Hungry Lion Learnership Programme 2023? Here on Southafricaportal.com, you get all information regarding the Hungry Lion Learnerships application 2023. Stay focused and read below.
Learnerships are a great opportunity if you want to learn skills and develop a career. The Hungry Lion Learnerships for 2023 is opening now and we always have details on the latest available Learnerships for you.
This learnership will not be accepting applications after the deadline. Please make sure that your application and all supporting documents are submitted before this date.
- 1 Hungry Lion Learnership Application Details
- 2 Location
- 3 What is Hungry Lion?
- 4 What is This Learnership Program?
- 5 Requirements
- 6 How To Apply
- 7 Contact Details
- 8 Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa
- 9 What is a Learnership
- 10 Who Benefits From Learnerships
- 11 How Do Learnerships Work
- 12 Who Qualifies for a Learnership
- 13 How Does One Get Access to a Learnership
- 14 Conclusion
Hungry Lion Learnership Application Details
Application is invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Hungry Lion Learnership Program 2023. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
This internship will be held in Cape Town, Western Cape.
What is Hungry Lion?
Hungry Lion is one of South Africa’s most well-known fast-food franchises.
Hungry Lion’s concept seeks to deliver MORE, whether it be with their consumers, the flavor they provide, or their value.
Hungry Lion has over 200 restaurants in several African countries and promises to serve high-quality, cheap meals.
Hungry Lion also ensures that all of its staff are dedicated, creative, professional, and enthusiastic.
What is This Learnership Program?
Unemployed applicants in Cape Town and the surrounding areas can apply for a learnership with Hungry Lion.
This program is tailored to the fast-food sector, integrating components of service, food and beverage preparation, health and safety, supervision, customer care, storage, and stock management, as well as elements of hospitality sub-fields.
The initiative will be in effect for a year. The program’s goal is to provide students with the skills and work experience required to achieve an occupational certification (NQF-3 in Fast Food Services.)
Following the end of the program, the candidates will be offered potential employment at Hungry Lion.
The following are the program’s key performance areas:
- Ensuring that you give great customer service.
- Making certain that all food orders are placed and transactions are completed.
- Taking all meal orders from customers.
- Sell any promotional items or campaigns.
- Ensure that the float is tallied each day before a shift, that the amount is recorded in the book, and that the float is stored in the specified safe.
- Working the till/ P.O.S
- Ensuring all equipment is switched on and ensuring that it is working properly.
- Making certain that all chicken is washed and cooked.
- Managing the breading of chicken.
- Providing aid with preparing food in the morning.
- Operating the cooking equipment manually and according to the specific protocols.
- Making certain that all cooked chicken is handled properly.
- Meal preparation for customers.
- Ensuring all equipment is switched on and working correctly.
- All product is packed in compliance with Hungry Lion’s requirements.
- Ensuring that the store and its equipment are maintained and kept clean on a daily basis.
- Making certain that the cooler is clean.
- Making certain that the oil from the cooker is purified on a daily basis.
- Correct garbage disposal in authorized places and bins.
- Cleaning all staff restrooms.
- Transporting papers to the Host Branch on occasion.
- Assisting with promotional material display and ensuring that all promotional pamphlets are handled correctly.
- Ensuring that all directions given to you by management are followed.
Please make sure you meet ALL of the following minimum entrance requirements before submitting your application because if you don’t, your application will be rejected:
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Must live in Cape Town
- Must be unemployed
- Must not be enrolled in any other learnership programs.
- Must be able to commit to the entire duration of the program
- Must be fluent in English (oral and written)
How To Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the Hungry Lion Learnership 2023 provided they qualify and meet the program requirements.
Applications are quite simple. All you need to do is fill in the following online application form, which you can find here.
Make sure to attach the following support documents to your application:
- A letter of motivation
- A certified copy of your high school diploma
- A certified copy of your identification
- A current Curriculum Vitae
If you have any questions or concerns related to this learnership program, then you can contact Hungry Lion directly through the following means:
Telephone number: 010 140 3099
Email address: [email protected]
Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa
What is a Learnership
A Learnership is a work-based learning programme. This means that classroom studies at a college or training center are combined with practical on-the-job experience. We learn much better when we can practice what we have been taught in the classroom in a workplace environment.
By physically performing tasks that are learned in the classroom at the workplace, we can see what we have learned and what we did not understand. This allows us to ask the trainer to explain that part of the lesson again until we fully understand it.
Learnerships form part of a nationally recognized qualification that is directly linked to an occupation. This means that what you learn on leadership is not just for the particular job that you can get once you have finished the leadership; it also forms part of a higher qualification that you can study further through other Learnership or short courses.
Each leadership has a specific level of qualification. An artisan like a bricklayer or a beautician, for instance, is a Level 4 Qualification. This means that if you want to become an artisan you will have to complete 4 four separate leadership (levels 1, 2, 3 & 4). There is no set time-frame in which you have to do these, as each level qualification remains in the system and will count towards the full qualification.
Who Benefits From Learnerships
In short, everybody!
- You get access to free learning and better job opportunities
- Can earn while you learn
- Learnerships can help you to get into the workplace and/or get a formal qualification
- Gets skilled, experienced workers who will need less supervision
- Gets improved productivity
- Can identify and solve gaps in skills and training
- Educates and empowers employees, creating a happy workforce
- Gets access to far more skilled and professional workers
- Can develop employees to world-class standards
- Becomes more competitive in the international market
How Do Learnerships Work
In the past, the education given in schools and other education facilities did not really have much in common with the working world. This meant that people entered the workplace with all of the knowledge but none of the practical experience on how to do the job.
Learnerships teach both the why and how to by creating a contract between the learner, the learning provider, and the organization or business. All learnership contracts must be registered with the Sector Education Training Authority (SETA) for that specific industry, which guarantees that the learnership programme is of a high standard.
If accepted into a learnership you will have to sign two legal contracts; a Learnership Agreement and an Employment Contract. The Learnership Agreement tells you exactly what responsibilities you, the training provider and the employer have. The Employment Contract is only for the period of the learnership. Learnerships last between 12 -24 months.
If you are unemployed, you will receive an allowance while you are on a learnership which is meant to cover costs like travel and food. If you are already employed you will only receive your normal salary.
During the learnership you will spend a certain period of time in a classroom, either at the company or organization or at other premises, and the rest of the time actually working and learning on the job at the company. It is important that you take advantage of the opportunity offered to you to develop your skills, gain experience and grow your potential. form southafricaportal.com, A learnership is the perfect way to show the trainers and the organization what you know, as it could lead to a permanent job with that company or organization, so take your learnership seriously.
You will be expected to do certain written and practical tasks while on the learnership as part of your studies. Learnerships are outcomes-based, which means that you will be assessed (tested) on what you have learned through the various stages of the learnership, not only at the end of it.
You will get an official certificate that will state the qualification, and indicate the area in which you have developed skills during the learnership if you are considered to be competent at the end of it. This qualification is nationally recognized.
Completing a learnership is not a guarantee of employment, but many learners do get employed by companies or organizations where they did their learnerships. Even if that company does not employ you, you stand a much better chance of getting employed with a learnership qualification than without one.
Who Qualifies for a Learnership
Learnerships are designed for all levels and as such is open to anyone between the ages of 16 and 60. This includes the unemployed and the employed, the able-bodied and the disabled.
How Does One Get Access to a Learnership
Decide in which line you want to study and either speak to your employer or contact your nearest Labour Centre or Provincial Office of the Department of Labour to find out whether there are any learnerships that you can apply for.
Some learnerships have certain conditions, such as only accepting learners who have a Grade 12, speak more than 1 language, or have computer skills, for instance. Other learnerships do not have any requirements.
We are sure this awesome page really helped you regarding the Hungry Lion Learnership Programmes Application 2023, If yes: Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the latest updates.
However, if you have queries regarding the Hungry Lion Learnership 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!