Grant program application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on 2021/2022 ICFJ/FJP COVID-19 Reporting Grants for MENA Journalists ($2,500 grant) application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Grant program application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Grant program is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Grant program.
This grant program is designed to provide financial support to individual journalists and freelancers in Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, and Yemen to assist them in their COVID-19 reporting.
Selected journalists will receive a $2,500 grant to produce stories related to COVID-19 and its effects. Selected journalists will also receive a mentor to help them develop their stories for a period of two months. All grantees must participate in a kick-off call with mentors and ICFJ staff.
In order to apply for this grant, you must fit the following criteria:
- Reporter working for an independent nonprofit or for-profit local news organizations, both located in the Middle East or North Africa region;
- Have been a reporter for two years or more;
- The publisher’s Facebook pages and Instagram accounts are in compliance with Facebook community standards and partner monetization policies.
- Must accept to participate in a mentorship program for the grant period.
Grant preference will be given to journalists who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Serve underserved and economically disadvantaged communities;
- Represent areas where COVID-19 impact is particularly acute;
- Actively covering COVID-19 and producing original news content related to COVID-19;
- Clearly and candidly explain the grant’s contribution to their reporting proposal;
- Have a letter of support from publisher.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Grant program, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.