Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies application form 2020 | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies 2020 for Scholars and Practitioners (stipend of $5,000)
The Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies
Applications for the Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies 2020 are now open. The Fellowship provides an opportunity for scholars to utilize digital methods, the Library of Congress’s large and varied digital collections and resources, curatorial expertise, and an emerging community of digital scholarship practitioners. Interdisciplinary and cross-cultural research is particularly welcome in the Kluge Digital Studies program.
The fellowship is open to scholars from all disciplines with special consideration given to those whose projects demonstrate relevance to the challenges facing democracies in the 21st century. The Digital Studies Fellowship supports a wide array of academic work that encompasses digital scholarship, digital humanities, data science, data analysis, data visualization, and digital publishing that utilize digital collections, tools, and methods. Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with various digital departments in the Library of Congress while pursing and sharing their research.
- A stipend of $5,000 per month, paid monthly by the Library of Congress, by means of electronic transfer to a U.S. bank account.
- Open to scholars and practitioners worldwide and from all disciplines
- Applicants can be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals
- Applicants with Ph.D. or other advanced terminal degree are strongly preferred
A panel of scholars will review your application materials. The panel will consider your application in relation to numerous other proposals. Evaluation criteria will include:
- The significance of the project’s contribution to knowledge in the field
- The quality of the conception, definition, organization, and description of the project
- The likelihood that the applicant will complete the project in the proposed timeline
- The appropriateness of the research for the Library of Congress
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form, in English
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages; additional pages will be discarded)
- A complete project proposal, including:
- A single-paragraph abstract
- A statement of proposed research (maximum 3 pages)
- An explanation of why the Library of Congress is the appropriate venue for your research and what collections you will utilize, if any (maximum 1 paragraph)
- Description of your technical approach and/or methodology (maximum 2 paragraphs)
- A bibliography of works you have consulted for your proposal
- Three references with completed reference forms from people who have read the research proposal
Applicants should indicate the collections of the Library of Congress that will be used for research.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Kluge Fellowships.
Deadline: December 6, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.