Livingston Awards for Young Journalists application form 2021/2022 | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Livingston Awards for Young Journalists application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Livingston Awards for Young Journalists 2022 (up to $10,000
The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Livingston Awards for Young Journalists application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Livingston Awards for Young Journalists
Applications are open for the Livingston Awards for Young Journalists 2021/2022. The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists were established to recognize outstanding reporting and bolster the careers of journalists under the age of 35.
The Livingston Awards invites print, online, video, audio and data visualization entries. Winning the award helps talented young reporters develop the confidence and the institutional backing to continue producing ambitious projects. National recognition leads winners to new stories, new audiences and new career opportunities.
In addition, the Richard M. Clurman Award honors superb on-the-job mentors who improve journalism by exemplifying excellence in nurturing, critiquing and inspiring young journalists. The Clurman Award is presented at the annual Livingston Awards luncheon event in New York City. Leading media figures and the winners’ families and colleagues attend to honor the winners and acknowledge their role in the future of American journalism.
- The prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international reporting. There is no entry fee. Prize money is paid directly to the journalists, not the media organization.
- Entrants must be 34 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2021.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
- One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces either from a published series, an original piece and its follow-up developments or three pieces clearly tied together in a beat. All pieces of the series must be published by the same organization. There is not limit to the number of entries that a media organization can submit, provided that they enter only one entry per reporter.
- Print, online, video, audio and data visualization work is eligible. Still photography is not eligible.
- The work must appear in U.S. controlled media. Entrants are not required to be U.S. citizens.
- Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify.
- Student media are not eligible.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Competition is limited to work published or appearing during calendar year ending December 31, 2021.
- Winners will participate in an outreach event arranged by the Livingston Awards.
Click here to apply for the Livingston Awards
Nominate your journalism mentor for the Clurman Award
For more information, visit Livingston Awards.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Livingston Awards for Young Journalists, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.