Applications are open for the Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships Fund for Nigeria, West & Central Africa 2023. Currently, many young Africans in the creative space struggle with access to adequate resources to support their journey, though strong academic institutions do exist on the continent.
Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships Fund for Nigeria, West & Central Africa 2023/2024
Netflix Scholarships aim to address this challenge by boosting financial support to Sub-Saharan African youth and empowering them in their pursuit of knowledge and skills in the creative academic field. This fund will enable them to access the highest-quality programs and institutions in the region.
- The size of the scholarship fund will be defined on a case-by-case basis considering the TV/Film school programme cost and the country’s average living cost, but it will include tuition fees, study material fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- Applicants must be citizens of and currently living in a West or Central African country:
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
- Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé & Principe
- Note: Applicants who are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are covered by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) programme
- Applicants must be enrolled in the partner institutions, namely:
- National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI)–Ghana
- National Film Institute Jos –Nigeria
- Pan-Atlantic University–Nigeria
- Institut Philippe Maury de l’Audiovisuel et du Cinéma (IPMAC) du groupe EM-Gabon Université (EMGU)–Gabon
- Institut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel (ISMA) –Benin
- Applicants must have been studying TV/Cinema industry-related courses
- Note: Although the scholarship programme is open to all students enrolled in TV and film programs, priority will be given to those who are graduating within two years of applying
Applicants will be asked to submit their 2023 transcripts, certificates, proof of enrollment, a recommendation letter from a mentor/professor/trainer, and a recognition award if relevant.
For more information, visit Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships.