International Travel application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on International Travel application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
- 1 International Travel Application Instructions 2023
- 2 International Travel Application Details 2023
- 3 International Travel Scholarships
- 4 1. African Economic Research Consortium Awards (AERC)
- 5 Study in Africa – Ph.D. Fellowship Requirements
- 6 2. AIDS Conference Scholarships and Travel Awards
- 7 AIDS International Conference Scholarships
- 8 Scholarships Eligibility
- 9 Instructions for the Application Process
- 10 3. Africa-India Mobility Fund Travel Grants
- 11 Scope, Objectives, and Purpose of the Initiative
- 12 Objectives of Africa-India Mobility Fund Travel Grants
- 13 Purpose
International Travel Application Instructions 2023
The International Travel application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the International Travel application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
International Travel Application Details 2023
International Travel Scholarships
The following travel scholarships and awards are available to university lecturers, teachers, and students.
Research travel scholarships are additionally offered for trips to Asia, Australia, Europe, America, and Africa.
1. African Economic Research Consortium Awards (AERC)
In order to enhance economic policy research and training in Africa, the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was founded as a public, non-profit organization in 1988.
The mandate and strategic objective of the Consortium are based on the idea that professional economists with appropriate training who are based locally are essential for the region’s sustained growth.
Through the provision of funding in the fields of policy research and graduate training, AERC advocates for the supply of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries.
For candidates from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries, AERC has issued a call for applications for MSc and Ph.D. scholarships.
The following universities in the Region, with whom AERC has partnerships, will be included in the scholarship program:
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Egerton University – Kenya
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Zimbabwe – Zimbabwe
- University of Pretoria – South Africa
- Sokoine University – Tanzania
- Makerere University – Uganda
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources – Bunda Campus, Malawi
- Haramaya University – Ethiopia
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Cocody, Cote D’Ivoire
(The list changes from year to year. Be sure to check that the institution you are applying to is on the current list from the links below.)
Awards Requirements & Qualifications
1. A candidate must be accepted by one of the aforementioned collaborating or partner universities.
2. The applicant must hold a degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness management, agricultural sciences, economics, or a closely connected discipline with at least a second-class honors (upper division) or equivalent.
3. Interested candidates must submit their admissions applications directly to the relevant universities (the application process is available on each university’s website).
4. Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, the applicants shall submit the following documents for the scholarship to AERC Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates
Study in Africa – Ph.D. Fellowship Requirements
To qualify, an applicant must:
1. Have submitted an application to and been accepted by one of the partner universities listed;
2. Possess a degree in economics or a similar discipline with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or its equivalent from an approved university;
3. Possess a master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, or a comparable discipline from an accredited university (including coursework and a thesis component).
- Microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods should have been addressed in the curriculum. Applications for the position must be submitted by interested parties.
4. Interested applicants must submit their admissions applications directly to the relevant universities (information on the application process can be found on the websites of the relevant universities).
5. The applicant should submit his or her scholarship application to AERC and enclose a copy of the admission letter as soon as they receive an acceptance letter from the particular university.
In addition, candidates should attach their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts.
2. AIDS Conference Scholarships and Travel Awards
Plans for the AIDS Vaccine 2008 Conference are well underway, according to a statement from the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise.
Together with Dr. Alan Bernstein from the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise and Dr. Malegapuru Makgoba from the University of KwaZulu Natal, Dr. Stanley Plotkin, who invented the rubella vaccine and is the author of “Vaccines,” a widely used textbook, will present one of the opening plenary lectures.
Ten cutting-edge plenary lectures covering all facets of HIV vaccine research will be presented, along with a few experts from outside the field.
There will be several symposiums, round tables, and special sessions in addition to two debates on presently hotly debated subjects.
In order to encourage young investigators and those from developing countries to attend the meeting a large number of International Scholarships and Travel Awards are available.
AIDS International Conference Scholarships
The AIDS 2022 Scholarship Programme offers financial support to qualified candidates from all around the world to attend AIDS 2022 virtually or in person in Montreal, Canada.
In addition to applicants who can show they will apply the skills and information they gain at the conference to the work they do in their own organizations and communities, the program also supports people who contribute to the conference’s agenda.
Anyone working or volunteering in the HIV sector that is at least 16 years old on July 27, 2022, is eligible for the Scholarship Program. There will be a focus on:
1. Presenters of abstracts, workshop leaders, and those responsible for planning events for the Global Village and Youth Program whose submissions were chosen for the conference
2. Applicants from low-income nations applicants from key demographic groups and HIV-positive individuals
3. Younger than 35 years old, junior investigators
4. For those who have never before been awarded a fellowship for an international AIDS conference
Instructions for the Application Process
The application process is entirely free.
1. You must submit your scholarship application through the AIDS 2022 conference profile platform’s scholarships area. Email applications are not accepted.
2. Never sign up for the conference before applying for a scholarship. If you are awarded a scholarship, we won’t be able to cover any expenses you incurred before the scholarship was awarded. The early registration cost will be extended to all applicants.
3. Before beginning a scholarship application, make sure that your AIDS 2022 conference profile is complete, including all fields that are pertinent to scholarships. You will also be questioned about the HIV-related organization for which you work or volunteer.
4. Then you will be required to answer some brief questions about your experience in the field of HIV, your motivation to attend the conference, and how your participation at the conference will benefit your community. You will also need to attach a letter of recommendation from a manager, colleague, or peer.
5. You can save your online application at any time, and come back to finish it later. However, if your online application is incomplete or the recommendation letter is not submitted by 31 January 2022, 23:59 CET (7 February 2022 for IAS Members), your application will not be considered.
6. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email containing your scholarship application number. Please save this number and check your email regularly, as this will be our primary means of communication with you.
3. Africa-India Mobility Fund Travel Grants
Researchers from Africa and India can apply for travel funds through the Africa-India Mobility Fund.
The program, which is a collaboration between the African Academy of Sciences, the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, and Wellcome, provides funding for researchers to travel for brief stays of up to three months in either direction.
Research collaborations on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, dengue, malaria, vector-borne illnesses, parasitic infections, emerging infections, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, health systems research, antimicrobial resistance, microbiome, drug development, and general biomedical sciences will be supported with funding for citizens of India and African nations.
About the Africa-India Mobility Fund
The Africa-India Mobility Fund (AIMF) is a two-year initiative that aims to give scholars from India and Africa the chance to travel for brief periods of time to either continent in order to examine possibilities for establishing and enhancing scientific partnerships.
In order to promote South-South cooperation and learning between the two ecosystems, the African Academy of Sciences and the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) launched the AIMF program.
This acknowledges the fact that sociopolitical problems, diseases affecting their populations, and the leadership needed to confront them are all challenges that both Africa and India face.
The exchanges are expected to enhance their skills and contribute to the growth of knowledge and leadership toward common health challenges.
At the AAS, the program is implemented through the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science for Africa (AESA), an initiative of the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), and the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Agency.
Scope, Objectives, and Purpose of the Initiative
Applications broadly focused on infectious and non-communicable diseases of relevance to local, national, or global health will be accepted every month.
The scope of the collaborative opportunity may include but is not limited to HIV/AIDS, TB, dengue, malaria, vector-borne diseases, parasitic infections, emerging infections, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, health systems research, antimicrobial resistance, drug development, microbiome, and general biomedical sciences.
While applications that involve existing collaborations will be considered, applications that target new collaborations and encourage diversity, especially female and young applicants are particularly encouraged.
Objectives of Africa-India Mobility Fund Travel Grants
To strengthen research & innovation capacity and knowledge exchange
To strengthen scientific collaboration between Indian and African teams
To establish links and cultivate a culture of collaboration between African and Indian researchers that will serve as a vehicle to improve research capacity and build leadership in biomedical and clinical research for Africa and India.
However, if you have queries regarding the International Travel Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!