Québec Merit Scholarship 2023/2024 in Canada Fully Funded… Québec Merit Scholarship Online Application Form, Requirements, Eligibility, Interview Questions Sample, and Application Deadline 2023.
The Québec Merit Scholarship application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date 2023.
International Students who want to undertake their Bachelor’s Degree in Canada are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. The scholarship is available for the academic session of 2023.
Québec Merit Scholarship Application Details
Applications are currently invited from eligible and outstanding candidates for the Québec Government Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students. This will support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s higher education institutions.
The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is responsible for managing the program. It was commissioned by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) which provides the funding.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Québec Government, Canada
Host Institution(s): Québec University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters, Doctoral & Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students
The program has a component open to students of all countries and five specific components reserved for students from Brazil, China, India, Israel, and Wallonia. These specific components arise from agreements concluded between Québec and foreign governments.
This program covers higher education as a whole by providing CCTT researchers and administrators with the opportunity to participate.
- Attract top foreign researchers and students and promote international recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT);
- Create cultural links and pave the way for the setting up of joint scientific research projects.
To be eligible for the Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- This competition is open to all candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who have not applied for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
- These scholarships are intended for foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities, and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering)
- Candidates are eligible for doctoral merit program scholarships from MEES in the first nine semesters of their doctoral studies.
- Postdoctoral scholarships are intended for researchers who have obtained their PhD no more than two years before the competition deadline or who submitted their doctoral dissertation by January 15, 2024.
How to Apply For Québec Merit Scholarship
Visit the official website of Québec Merit Scholarship below for the application form and other information about the Québec Merit Scholarship program.
Once preselected, the candidate must create an account in the FRQnet system. The FRQNT will then contact all preselected candidates to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached, and which must be submitted electronically by the competition deadline time and date set by the Fonds.
The form may be completed in French or English. Candidates who apply in English must provide a French title for their project.
Please refer to the Presentation Standards for Attached Files in the FRQnet electronic Portfolio when preparing the files to be attached to the form.
Files cannot be updated after the application deadline.
All required documents must be included in the application for it to be considered eligible. Any documents that are illegible, of a poor resolution or that do not allow verification of the application’s eligibility will be rejected.
Documents submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a basic translation.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS USING THE SHARE BUTTONS BELOW.