Details of Sefako Makgatho University Nursing Science Programme.
All the information you need to know about the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing Science program is available in this article.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health Sciences Online Admission Application Form, application fee, courses offered, requirements, bursaries, registration dates, programs, and department, registration form, Joining Instructions pdf download, application deadline/closing date for the academic year has been released.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing Science Overview
- The Department of Nursing Science was established in 1979 and made history on the 1st of February 1981 by introducing the undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Nursing Degree (BCur) for black post-matriculants.
Currently, the Nursing Department is continuing with the currently approved legacy nursing programmes whilst simultaneously embarking on the accreditation process in order to be ready to offer the new Under-Graduate degree and Advanced Diploma in Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing in 2020 as directed by the South African Nursing Council.
- Scientific knowledge: The body of evidence based scientific knowledge encompasses the preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative care in all age groups throughout the entire lifespan.
- Facilitator: The department beliefs that the person charged with the guidance of students, must through continuing education, keep abreast with contemporary health and education issues affecting health care and higher education in relation to the social economic, political and cultural changes in the community.
- Learner: A learner-centered approach is adopted. Guidance should be based on specific and cross-field outcomes for adult learning for excellence in nursing.
- Process: The Department beliefs that an integrated adult learning approach will provide the learner with the optimal opportunity to develop the required competencies and professionalism, and that learning can take place under a variety of conditions, e.g. simulation. The department beliefs that a learner must have ample exposure to real life situations including technology developments and web-based learning.
The department beliefs that the curriculum must be relevant to the needs of the community at all levels in all settings within the primary healthcare context. Self-directed learning is embraced and promoted.
Sefako Makgatho University Nursing Science Hints:
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the Sefako Makgatho University Nursing School by visiting the official website or campus.
- Be social by sharing this post with others and don’t hesitate to like Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss and get Sefako Makgatho University Nursing Science latest updates.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing Science Programme, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.