Sekhukhune TVET College Bursaries 2022 | How to apply for Sekhukhune TVET College students bursary, NSFAS financial support, funding, bursary application forms, requirements, and loan application guide for 2022 academic year.
The Sekhukhune TVET College currently offers financial aid/support to students who are financially needy and who show academic potential.
Interested undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate, occupational, NCV, and NATED Programmes students are required to apply annually for financial aid and grants.
Funding for such financial aid is made through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and hence the size of any award is determined according to the NSFAS means test.
The Sekhukhune TVET College Application Portal 2022 is where you get full information about the Sekhukhune TVET College student’s bursaries, funding, Bursary application forms, bursary requirements, tuition fees, and loan application guide has published on southafricaportal.com.
SouthAfricaPortal Team has published below the details fo apply for Sekhukhune TVET College bursaries application 2022.
RECOMMENDED: Download CAO HandBook 2022 PDF
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary Applications 2022.
Application forms and information for NSFAS can be obtained from the Sekhukhune TVET College Financial Aid office.
The application forms must be accompanied by all stated supporting documents, eg, Certified ID copy of student/ applicant, Certified ID copies of both parents if one/both are deceased- certified death certificate, income statement/ payslip of both parents if they are working, if they are not working an affidavit stating they are not working, if they are getting a grant, a proof showing that, if the applicant has brothers and sisters, their certified ID/ birth certificates copies, if they are registered with other tertiary institutions, proof of that is also required. Original documents and copies must be taken to the nearest Police station/ local Post Office for the stamp.
Original documents are not accepted. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the application form is fully/ correctly completed.
On submission of NSFAS application form, the student will receive a receipt, which should be kept as a proof of application, without it, is your word against ours. Please present your slip at all times to the Financial Aid/Bursary Office.
First-Year students will only be given an application form for Financial Assistance upon providing the Financial Aid Office with a letter from the university indicating that the student has been either accepted or provisionally accepted for the 2022 academic year.
The value of the NSFAS award will only be credited to the student’s fee account in the third term, once all bursaries have been awarded and paid into the student’s account. This is to ensure that the loans granted are as low as possible.
Students receiving NSFAS loans will be required to complete an application form and a loan agreement before any payment will be effected.
The allocation received from NSFAS is limited and hence the Financial Aid Committee of the Sekhukhune TVET College, who gives financial aid awards, must ensure that as many students are supported as possible while at the same time taking into account financial need.
Students are therefore advised that registering on the basis of receiving a full loan from NSFAS should not be considered and that a family contribution as determined by the Means Test may be required. It is also important to note that there are various different kinds of funding made available each year through NSFAS.
All students can apply for a loan from the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), a government loan scheme with the added incentive of a bursary conversion (max 40%) depending on academic performance. The parent’s/family’s contribution to the student’s study cost is called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and is calculated using the Government’s National Means Test.
- Prospective Students who wish to study at the College through NSFAS Bursary must APPLY ONLINE at http://www.nsfas.org.za
- Manual NSFAS applications will be facilitated but students must apply directly to NSFAS online!
- To enquire more about bursaries, contact/visit Student Support Offices at the Campuses
- Applicants applying online may not subsequently apply using a paper-based application
- Please note that receiving a student number (reference number) does not imply you are a registered student until you have officially registered.
- Please note that you will be required to come on campus to write the CAP Test. The test informs and educates students on a variety of career options. At the same time, it gauges the student’s personal interest in the different careers on offer.
- Incomplete applications may result in the delay of finalization of your application
- Continuation with a programme depends on sufficient numbers being enrolled
- Applicants must have a valid email address and mobile number in order to apply to the college. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/ SMS.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements for a specific programme does not necessarily guarantee admission to that particular programme
READ ALSO: Sekhukhune TVET College Prospectus 2022 PDF
How To Apply For Sekhukhune TVET College Bursaries
Different Ways to Apply
- Online Applications (www.nsfas.org.za)
- Walk-Inns Centres at Institutions of Higher Learning
- Drop and Go: Manual Applications at Local NYDA Offices
- Isibindi Programme (Social Worker Support Via Outreach Team)
1. Consent Form: Download, complete and sign the form
2. SA Identity Document: Certified copy ID(not older than 3 months, Certified copies of parent/s or guardian ID or Death certificate
3. Proof of Income: Only if non-SASSA recipient
4. PWD(Persons with Disability): Complete disability form (annexure A)
To all first-year students
All students who will register at public TVET colleges for the first time and need financial support can now apply directly to NSFAS for financial assistance. Applications will remain open till further notice.
To all current TVET college students already funded by NSFAS
NSFAS is in a process to receive all your information and details from the university/college where you are currently enrolled. You will be automatically migrated to the student-centered model, and will be notified by SMS/post once NSFAS has received and registered your details.
To all current TVET college students, who are not funded by NSFAS, but intend to apply for NSFAS assistance
All the above mentioned students – including those who were previously on a government funded bursary programme not offered by NSFAS – can apply for NSFAS financial assistance
To apply on the NSFAS website, you will be required to register first to create your personal online account, and then proceed to fill and submit the application form online.
You may need about 30 minutes to complete this online process, and must also have scanned copies of the following required attachments:
• Matric Certificate
• Identity Document/Birth Certificate
• Last Academic Results
• Proof of parents income (If parent/s employed)
• Death Certificate/s (If parent/s deceased)
• Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled)
Click here to download: Declaration Form
Click here to download: Consent Form
For Full Details, visit the official website via http://www.sekhukhunetvet.edu.za/forms.html OR Financial Aid Office.
However, if you have queries regarding the Sekhukhune TVET College bursaries application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!