SLOCAT/VREF Young Leaders application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The SLOCAT/VREF Young Leaders in Sustainable Transport Programme 2020 application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
SLOCAT/VREF Young Leaders in Sustainable Transport Programme 2020 Instruction.
- Don’t forget that SLOCAN/VREF Young Leaders application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of SLOCAT/VREF Young Leaders.
The SLOCAT Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport and the Volvo Research and Educational Foundations (VREF) are accepting applications for the 2020 edition of the Young Leaders in Sustainable Transport programme.
The programme seeks to build bridges between the transport community and young people to explore new perspectives by creating an interface between knowledge and policy. It will raise the capacity of young people and provide them with new skills in evidence-based policy analysis for sustainable transport.
Young people are recognised as the torchbearers of sustainable development and the vanguards in the struggle against climate change. By working directly with young leaders, the transport community will empower the generation who can help foster far-reaching and unprecedented change and build long-lasting bridges with other constituencies.
Young Leaders will engage in key activities around international processes, thus fostering a stronger professional network, contributing to wider thought leadership and developing highly beneficial skills related to knowledge-based policy making and advocacy. Moreover, the programme will offer participants the opportunity to connect to other young, up-and-coming professionals working in the global policy space related to the wider sustainable development and climate change action movements. Finally, Young Leaders will be strongly involved in determining the ultimate activities and outputs of the programme, further ensuring benefits to intellectual l and career development.
Suitable candidates fulfil the following criteria:
- Recently graduated from a graduate school programme or between three (3) to five (5) years of work experience in an organisation working on global climate and sustainability agendas.
- Strong interest in knowledge-based policy-making, as well as in the role transport can play in putting communities on pathways toward sustainable development and climate change action.
- Educational background in sciences and/or humanities; efforts are to be made to recruit Young Leaders beyond transport-related fields.
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Preference will be given to applicants who come from and/or focus their activities on Global South regions.
In this 2020 edition of the Programme, it is intended to recruit three participants. Interested individuals are warmly encouraged to submit a CV and a cover letter (of not more than 600 words) answering the following question: “Which transport challenges, in your personal experience, have inspired you to be a change-maker in the struggle for sustainable, low carbon transport, and how would you link this struggle to your work/research?
The deadline for submissions is 10 April 2020. Please submit your application to Nikola Medimorec (email@example.com). Interviews with candidates will be held in the third and fourth week of April.
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the SLOCAT/VREF Young Leaders, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
👍Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!👇👇