Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing School APC Registration 2024, How to Apply, Requirements, Deadline, SANC Annual Practising Certificate (APC) Annual Fee 2024.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing School Annual Practising Certificate (APC) registration for 2021/2024 is open to all potential applicants and students irrespective of colour, race, ethnic identity, religion, gender, or national origin provided he/she is qualified for the registration.
The South African Nursing Council (SANC) Annual Practising Certificate (APC) is a document (issued on payment of an annual fee) to nursing and midwifery practitioners and it entitles the person to whom it has been issued to practise in the capacities shown and for the period stated: provided that the person is not subsequently removed from the register of practitioners.
- 1 Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing School APC Registration 2024
- 2 South African Nursing Council (SANC) Annual Fee 2024
- 3 Important Notes when Paying the SANC Annual Fee
- 4 Tips for Persons Wishing to Pay the Annual Fee from Outside the Republic of South Africa
- 5 SANC CONTACT DETAILS
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing School APC Registration 2024
Every registration certificate issued by the Council is proof that the person to whom it is issued is registered in the capacity indicated on the certificate for a period of 12 months from the date on the certificate. Thereafter, the practitioner must pay an annual fee and be issued an Annual Practising Certificate in order to continue to practise in that capacity. The APC then serves as proof of registration for all qualifications appearing thereon.
This is a provision of Section 36(2) of the Nursing Act, 2005 which reads as follows:
“(2) A certificate of registration is proof of registration for a period of one year after its date and thereafter an annual practising certificate, issued upon payment of the prescribed annual fee and the submission of such information as may be required by the Council to keep accurate statistics on human resources in nursing, is proof of registration in the absence of any credible evidence to the contrary.”
- To start the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Nursing School APC Registration, visit the SANC portal – https://www.sanc.co.za/apc/
- Register online or offline by downloading the registration form (PDF).
South African Nursing Council (SANC) Annual Fee 2024
WARNING: Do not pay at the bank if your personal details or postal address must be changed – the system is so quick that your Annual Practising Certificate will be issued showing the old details or postal address.
If you have received a reminder, carefully follow the instructions printed on it and also read the important notes section. This will ensure that your payment is processed without undue delay.
The annual fees for the calendar year 2024 for different categories of practitioners are provided in the table below:
|CATEGORY||ANNUAL FEE FOR 2024|
|Registered Nurses and Midwives||R700.00|
|Enrolled Nurses and Midwives||R418.00|
|Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries||R293.00|
Important Notes when Paying the SANC Annual Fee
Please take note of the following important points to avoid delays in the processing of payments:
- DO indicate your Council reference number, payment type code ‘ANLFEES’ and full names when making payments to the Council.
- DO pay the correct amount depending on your category – not more or less – unless you have been requested to pay only part of the amount by the Council.
- DO make sure that all electronic or other payments are made into the South African Nursing Council bank account.
- DO keep your bank deposit slip in case of queries.
- DO NOT fax or post your proof of payment to the Council – unless you are requested to do so.
- DO NOT pay at the bank if your personal details or address must be changed – in this case, post your remittance to Council.
Tips for Persons Wishing to Pay the Annual Fee from Outside the Republic of South Africa
It is very expensive to transfer money from one country to another. The banks on both the sending end and the receiving end will charge fees and this can amount to more than the required payment!
Council therefore recommends the following alternatives:
- If possible, get a friend or family member in South Africa to pay the fee on your behalf – and pay them back when you return to South Africa.
- Pay the fee electronically out of your South African bank account using Internet banking.
NB: If you do make arrangements to pay your annual fees in South Africa, you will NOT have to pay the Foreign Bank Fees shown on your annual fee reminder.
If you cannot make either of the above arrangements to pay your annual fees in South Africa, please establish from your bank what charges will be levied at both ends and transfer sufficient funds to cover the charges and the fees you are paying. This will eliminate unnecessary correspondence and delays.
You will also need to provide your bank with the following details about the Nursing Council’s bank to ensure that your payment is transferred correctly:
|Name of Bank||FNB (First National Bank)|
|Address of Bank||206 Church Street
0002 Republic of South Africa
Please write your SANC reference number on your receipt for the transfer and fax a copy to the Nursing Council so that we can allocate the foreign payment to the correct person. This is an important step that should not be omitted. The SWIFT system seldom transmits any usable reference information with the payments.
Note: The Annual Practising Certificate will be posted to the postal address in the register. If you have changed you postal address to an address in a foreign country, please allow sufficient time for your Annual Practising Certificate to reach you by mail.
SANC CONTACT DETAILS
Private Bag X132, Pretoria, 0001, Republic of South Africa
Cecilia Makiwane Building, 602 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083
GPS co-ordinates: -25.746121000, 28.209561000
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!