TechnoServe Vacancy Application Details.
The TechnoServe Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
TechnoServe Jobs Vacancy
TechnoServe (www.technoserve.org) is a non-profit, economic development organization with sustained commitment to its 50-year old founding mission to work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are business development specialists assisting farmers and other entrepreneurs in 29 countries, increasing their access to information, capital, and markets. The increased income our clients derive enhances resilience and prosperity for their families and communities. In 2016, TechnoServe assisted 594,000 farmers and 13,000 businesses resulting in 18,000 new jobs and $196 million of new revenues and wages.
TechnoServe has been competitively selected by a large South African corporate partner to deliver Enterprise, and Supplier Development program in South Africa. The initiative offers the opportunity to deliver transformative economic change in South Africa by supporting local enterprises to grow their businesses to the next level. The initiative will look to drive broader development across the mining, agricultural, tourism, and retail sectors to support local economic development. Once fully scaled, the initiative aims to support 10,000 jobs across 15 locations in South Africa. This will be a global flagship initiative in proving the impact of shared value initiatives: namely how business can make investments that both deliver value to shareholders and deliver meaningful impact to individuals and communities in their areas of operation.
TechnoServe will deliver the Enterprise, and Supplier Development initiative through a network of hubs, operating under the brand name of the corporate partner.
The hub will operate in and around Polokwane Smelter. TechnoServe will employ a team of 6 staff to operate on the hub. The hub will deliver business acceleration services (training, mentorship, business development, access to finance, linkages to market opportunities, etc.) to eligible entrepreneurs through two program pillars – Enterprise and Supplier Development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Data management, record keeping and reporting
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the Beneficiary management system / Information management system. This implies reviewing data captured by all hub staff and ensuring that the data is current and accurate
- Managing the capturing of baseline data, which becomes the departure point from where progress is measured in terms of turn-over, full-time, and part-time jobs etc.
- Ensure client satisfaction surveys are issued after training, mentorship, business linkages and other events and consolidating the data collected into a report
- Supporting the hub manager to provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other stakeholder reports as required
- Supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager from the program office to extract relevant data as required
- Provide office support services to ensure efficient and effective operations of the program team
- Make preparations for meetings and events if required
- Organize travel arrangements and logistics if required
- Receive and send official mail
- Assist in planning and preparation of meetings, conferences, and conference telephone calls
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies
- Placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies
- Provide information by answering questions and requests if required
- Handle basic finance functions, petty cash, and assist the finance department when called upon to do so
- Respond to questions from visitors to the extent possible, and refer to BA-Youth Development or another appropriate staff member as necessary
- Support the Hub Team Leader to ensure the hub is well maintained and retains a tidy and professional appearance
Perform other duties that would be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- BComm / Statistics / Demographics / Information management degree or other appropriate 3-year qualification, with Statistics as a subject
- At least 4 years’ experience in data management and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English)
- Very methodical and strong organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- A passion for data and statistics
- Good interpersonal and communications skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Positive attitude and ability to work proactively and independently to support the hub and team
- Ability to work under pressure and commitment to meet deadlines
- Ability to review the work (data captured) of colleagues and to provide feedback in terms of accuracy and quality, even if those people are more senior
- Comfort with learning how to work with new software applications
- Current / past work / living in target geography (province) required. Relocation to the area is non-negotiable
Responsibilities, requirements, and application deadlines for each role can be found at www.TechnoServe.org.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to [email protected] on or before 21 January 2022. Please identify the position and hub(s) for which you are applying in the subject line. You may apply for more than one role and/or a role at more than one hub. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. Applications will be considered as received. No phone calls, please.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!