TWAS-Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences for women scientists in Low-Income African Countries application form 2022 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim application form 2022, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim Application Instructions 2022
The TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim Application Details 2022
This award, named after TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim, carries a cash award of USD5,000 generously provided by Professor Abdool Karim. It is designed to honour women scientists in Low Income African countries for their achievements in Biological Sciences.
TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2022 Award from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
The award recognizes women scientists for their achievements in Biological Sciences.
Eligible nominees are female scientists national of a Low Income African country who have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination. (i.e. from 20/4/2020);
Fellows of TWAS are not eligible
Self nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
The same nominee cannot be nominated for more than one ‘Fellows of TWAS Awards’ in a given year. The secretariat retains the right to bring to the attention of the relevant nominators that the nomination may be suitable for another award, and the final decision whether or not to shift the nomination will be taken by the nominators themselves.
A pre-screening of the candidates will be done at TWAS, the nomination dossiers of the qualified candidates will then be submitted to jury members for their evaluation. Based on this evaluation Prof. Quarraisha Abdool Karim will select the winner.
HOW TO NOMINATE A SCIENTIST:
2022 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button at the bottom of this page.
To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for receiving nominations is 20 April 2022, however we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
Before starting compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations and nominations from jury members are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Biological Sciences);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in Biological Sciences. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the TWAS Fellow Quarraisha Abdool Karim Application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!