TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020 for Postgraduate Research Application Instruction.
- Don’t forget that TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship.
The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences. Duration: from a minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
- TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI). NB: In 2018, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) changed its name to COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may granted for a period of up to 3 years. Candidates will register for their PhD in the relevant department at one of the campuses of CUI, Pakistan.
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences – Development Studies, International Economics, Development Economics, Education and Science Education, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science.
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year if application;
- for SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered PhD students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- for FULL-TIME Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see the online application for a sample). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) (by emails firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Submitting your application
- The call for applications is open until 16 March 2020.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PG and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application to CUI.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal using the apply now button at the bottom of this page.
For More Information:
Application Deadline:16 March 2020.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??