UNAOC application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.]
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) MENA Fellowships 2020 for emerging Leaders (Fully Funded)
The UNAOC application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
UNAOC Application Instruction.
- Don’t forget that the UNAOC application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of UNAOC.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to launch the Call for Applications for the 2020 edition of its Fellowship Programme. The Call is open to participants between 25 to 35 years old, from the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and North America, with a strong interest in intercultural exchanges. The theme of the Fellowship 2020 is “Building peace in the age of new media”.
In its Action Plan for 2019-2023, UNAOC acknowledges that traditional and new media play a crucial role in influencing public perception, narratives, and attitudes and therefore hold the potential to bridge cultural divides. The 2020 UNAOC Fellowship also aims to contribute to the global conversation launched by the UN for its 75th anniversary.
To be selected, candidates must be able to present professional achievements in the fields of media, social media and peacebuilding, with knowledge of the UN system. The Call will lead to the selection of a group of young leaders from Europe, North-America (EUNA) on one end, and a group of young leaders from the Middle East and North-Africa (MENA) on the other end. Participants from each geographic area will travel to their counterparts’ region for two weeks.
The goal of the Fellowship is to challenge perceptions and deconstruct stereotypes by providing participants with first-hand exposure to cultural diversity. In every country they visit, UNAOC Fellows will interact with a wide range of local stakeholders. While exploring opportunities for intercultural collaboration, Fellows will also discuss and exchange ideas on how to use media and information technology to support the global community and international organizations in their work toward sustainable peace and conflict prevention.
To be eligible as MENA candidates, applicants must be:
- Nationals from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
- Born between January 1st1985 and December 31st, 1995
- Fluent in English
- Working directly in the fields of media and/or peacebuilding, with strong social media proficiency and strong knowledge of the UN and its global agenda.
- In possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond September 2020 (March 1st 2021 and beyond)
- Must not have participated in any of the UNAOC programmes before.
Please submit your completed application no later than Sunday, 8 March 2020 , at 11:59 PM EST
- Only fill in the following application if you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned above
- The application is to be completed in English only
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety
- Make sure to attach all the documents required
- Resume must be in English
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required
Only complete applications meeting the eligibility criteria and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: Sunday, 8 March 2020, at 11:59 PM EST
However, if you have any feelings regarding the UNAOC, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??