WITS International Nursing Students | What you need to know.
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) International nursing students are required to obtain Limited Registration with the South African Nursing Council before you are permitted to commence with any practical requirements.
The Department of Nursing Education will facilitate the process with the South African Nursing Council on completion of registration.
The following documents are required for submission to the Nursing Council, six weeks before the commencement of the course.
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified Copy of Passport
- Professional Qualification Certificate
- Valid License to Practice from Regulatory Body
- Study Permit Department of Home Affairs
- Acceptance letter from the University of the Witwatersrand
- Academic Transcript of Training
- Proof of payment to the South African Nursing Council of R1000.00
Further information regarding Limited Registration with the South African Nursing Council refer to www.sanc.co.za
The University has an International Office which offers assistance to international applicants and helps them with the procedures they need to follow. In order to register at the University, please check all requirements on the International Office website.
Tel: 27 11 717 1054; Fax: 27 11 717 1059