University of the Witwatersrand WITS Nursing School Online Application 2021 Intake, application fee, admission entry requirements, programmes duration, application closing date, contact details, and fee structure for the 2021 academic year.
WITS Nursing School Online Application 2021
Nursing combines compassion, knowledge, and sophisticated health technology to restore, maintain, and promote the health of individuals, groups, or communities. Nursing is both an art and a science: caring, compassionate relationships blended with the development and application of nursing knowledge, techniques and ethics.
As a Wits nursing student, you will study in a rigorous and vibrant multidisciplinary environment that will stimulate your intellectual inquiry and professional responsiveness. You will learn in small groups and engage in cooperative learning as you work through real-life health scenarios, deciding how to access information that produces the best results in managing health issues.
Nurses practice in a range of settings, including hospitals, community clinics, industry, the military, private practices, homes, and in specialised areas such as hospice and rehabilitation and aged care facilities.
Wits also offers opportunities for further study in nursing.
Why Choose WITS Nursing School
- Receive accredited training.
- We offer competent Educators, in a safe and secure environment.
- We have a well-equipped simulation laboratory where you can practice your clinical skills before entering the clinical environment.
WITS Nursing School Admission Requirements
English Home Language OR First Additional Language
Life Sciences AND/OR Physical Science
The Faculty of Health Sciences uses a composite index score to guide applicant selection. This includes:
- Your matric academic results for five subjects: English, Mathematics, Physical Science/Life Sciences, and the best two other subjects. We consider the percentage achieved, not the symbol.
- National Benchmark Test (NBT) scores
All applicants – excluding those who are applying to the Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) only – must write the NBT.
How to Apply
Every student admitted to any programmes of study tenable at the WITS Nursing School must carefully read, understand and abide by the instructions.
Application is made through filling the application form online at the WITS Nursing School admissions portal or College admission office.
Central Application Process
- The Student Enrolment Centre at Wits handles all student applications.
- Please click here for an overview of the application process.
- Check the admission requirements for your degree. Check if any additional selection requirements apply.
- Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
- Once you have applied, an admissions consultant will be assigned to your application.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal.
- If you are an international applicant and/or have a foreign qualification, please click here.
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the WITS Nursing School by visiting the college.
Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the WITS Nursing School latest updates 2021.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!